How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options

Not only that, but he's actually done a lot of good for his country. That's better by far than the moron from Texas we had for eight years.

He is also popular with the (very small percentage) middle class. The rich hate him because he wants to give the poor a break.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

The difference is Lula actually cares about the people who voted for him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hmm. That website belongs to John Ziegler, the Limbaugh-wannabe idiot who got fired as a radio announcer for describing his ex-girlfriend's "genital grooming" on the air. I think she's suing for something like $2-3 million. Hope she wins.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

OK, but let's not get into Falwell's relationships with sheep. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The truth is your guy, Bush, ruined the economy, violated American citizens' civil rights, committed war crimes and generally screwed up everything he touched for eight years. Obama was hired to undo the damage.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ewe!

Reply to
G. Morgan

I agree with this post.

Reply to
G. Morgan

No doubut you do.

Reply to
alarman

anti free speech ? if website owners were a problem nobody would go the site referenced here:

formatting link

Reply to
KingFish

All sounds to familiar.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

He's actually a pretty decent guy. Considering they were a military dictatorship around 30 years ago, Brazil has come a long way.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No war crimes .... just your opinion. No violated civil rights ..... just your opinion. With regard to the economy, check the date and the source of the problem before you lay blame.

formatting link

Reply to
Jim

Torturing prisoners is a war crime. Bush admitted it.

Warrantless searches, tapping phone lines, etc. Bush admitted it.

When Clinton left office he handed Bush the largest surplus in US history. Bush handed Obama the worst recession since the great depression.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No, you are calling it a war crime. It's not. There is no "war". There are no prisioners of war. There are only terrorist. Torturing is only by your description. What ever it was, it saved lives and thwarted actions against the US. Your opinions are your opinions. It will never be decided one way or the other.

No civil rights violated until it is decided. It never will be. Again .... it saved lives and thwarted actions against the US.

Where did the surplus come from? We had no military. There was no money being put into military weapons development. He did not persue the attacks against the US. Had no CIA or FBI activities in operation. There wasn't one operative, in what was left of any foreign activity agency, that spoke Arabic. He let Bin Laden go. Set up the economy on a path to disaster. Caused a backlash in all the seats in Congress and the Senate. He set the stage for the attack or our nation for the next administration, regardless of who it was.

BUT ........... that's all in the past.

Now, we're just on another path. And I believe it will be similar to Clinton's and maybe even worse. We'll see.

Fortunately for me, duing the nomitation process of the past election, when I saw what (who) the Democrats and the Republicans had come up with for candidates, a great realization came over me. I thought that, if this is the "very best" of what either party can come up with, if view of what the condition of our nation is in, at this point in time, I then .......... give up. I can't imagine WHO would have voted for McCane and we all know who voted for Polyanna Oboma. In my estimation it's finally time for the flower children of the 60' and 70's to see if their "Peace and Love" mantra, will win over the terrorist. Perhaps it will be a lesson that we need to learn. I envision a fairly sizeable attack on the US during the second term of Oboma, or shortly thereafter.

At the present, I am of the mind that I have a limited amount of time left here in this life. There is nothing that I can do that will affect what is going to happen in the next 25 years. If things run their usual course ..... there's a good chance that there is nothing that can, or will happen, (short of the above disaster) that will greatly affect me, either.

I haven't read a newspaper, listened to any news broadcast and actively avoid anything that might have to do with politics. Exclusive to this post, I've avoided all converstations having to do with anything political. I'm trying to get into the mode of .... I really don't give a crap what happens here, or in the world because, for the rest of my life ** I ** am what's important to me. I don't give a crap about global warming, saving water, the rain forrest or anything else that's not going to greatly or directly affect me between now and the time I exit. I take long hot showers, use a lot of paper towels, drive fast, and anything that makes "ME" feel good. If the "poor" are going to get my money, anyway, I'll spend it first and become one of them.

Let my children fend for themselves, in case you're wondering.

You can have the "last word" if you choose to.

Reply to
Jim

That is complete and utter BULLshit! If that was the case then why did the US prosecute Japanese officers for water boarding following WWII?

What?!? No civil rights are violated unless it's "decided"? Decided by whom, the very same thugs that committed the crimes?

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Franklin

Reply to
G. Morgan

No, you are calling it a war crime. It's not. There is no "war". There are no prisioners of war. There are only terrorist. Torturing is only by your description. What ever it was, it saved lives and thwarted actions against the US. Your opinions are your opinions. It will never be decided one way or the other.

RLB: We disagree, Jim. The Bush administration calls it a war and they took prisoners. Calling them something other than prisoners of war doesn't change the fact that they are ibdeed POWs. If that were so, the Jaqpanese could have simply called American POWs pomegranates and declared that fruits and vegetables have no legal rights so it was OK to do the horrible things they did.

The Bush admin's claims that torture saved lives or thwarted terrorist attacks were nothing but rubbish. All of the so-called terrorist attacks that they "prevented" in the last 8 years amounted to nothing but nonsense. For example, a bunch of idiots from NJ (not to be confused with a certain individual whom we all once knew), planned to attack a US Army base with handguns and a couple of shotguns. Even if they got so far as the perimeter fence they would have been exterminated in a matter of seconds.

They made a big deal about another group in south Florida. These idiots had been led on by a government informant who actually planned the whole attack.

A group in England was arrested for planning a liquid bomb to use on flights from the UK to USA (ergo the ban on shampoo). Turns out they didn't even know where to obtain the ingredients and most had neither the travel documents nor the financial wherewithal to buy a ticket.

No civil rights violated until it is decided. It never will be.

RLB: It's been decided many years ago, Jim. We have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights. Bush trampled both.

Again .... it saved lives and thwarted actions against the US.

RLB: Again, we disagree.

Where did the surplus come from? We had no military. There was no money being put into military weapons development. He did not persue the attacks against the US. Had no CIA or FBI activities in operation. There wasn't one operative, in what was left of any foreign activity agency, that spoke Arabic. He let Bin Laden go. Set up the economy on a path to disaster. Caused a backlash in all the seats in Congress and the Senate. He set the stage for the attack or our nation for the next administration, regardless of who it was.

BUT ........... that's all in the past.

RLB: We disagree here, too. :^)

Now, we're just on another path. And I believe it will be similar to Clinton's and maybe even worse. We'll see.

RLB: I hope you're wrong. I also hope to be around long enough to find out.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.