How many times did it beep?

Three so far.... four now...... um five now.....

Never mind. You are too stupid to own an alarm. Rip it off the wall, and hire a security guard.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

"OK, good, I think I know what's wrong, but we need to check the magno-oscillator. You can help; stay there and count the beeps until you reach 10,000. Then call me back, OK? If you lose track, you will need to start over." js

Reply to
alarman

That's almost how I walk a dummies through disarming alarm system that they don't know the code for (oh, we "just" moved in the house 5 years ago and we forgot the code the old owner gave us) - so we thought we'd wake you up at 3 am because YOUR siren is going off. No, actually my siren is not going off here...you must be mistaken.

Enter your code and push OFF.

We don't know your code.

You mean you don't know YOUR code.

Ok, well since you've got me up now do this, enter these digits as I tell you:

123548522644878952 OFF

OK its disarmed now. What was that code again so I can write it down?

Oh, that code only works ONCE. IF you want a code that works all the time you'll have to schedule a service call during normal business hours.

(Im only nice ONCE) :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We frequently get these types of calls from people who've recently moved into a home with an alarm. They don't have the code and they don't know who installed the system. They almost never have any interest in the alarm other than how to silence it. I usually ask them to check the control panel or window decals for the service phone number of the company that installed the system. The amazing thing is that these folks will try to find someone on the Internet before checking the Yellow Pages.

If I hear a siren in the background and they've found us online (we don't advertise in the YP) I figure they're probably not a burglar. Imagine some thief breaking into a house at night and then going online to find someone to help him kill the alarm. :^)

If they seem legitimate I explain how to disable the siren without killing the system. I also advise them to get it serviced in case the smoke detectors are part of the system. Finally, I explain that we sell alarm systems and components online to DIYers and if they want help in that regard they can call back during business hours. If they have any interest at all in that area we will make a sale.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They don't want to pay a local company to service their alarm. What is so amazing about that.

I don't want to get started here again about the licensing laws in Florida, Robert but servicing and telephone sales...Ummm...point click save to file RLB/DBPR.

Regards

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Isn't it amazing how an ego can cause self destruction?

Heh heh heh heh !

Reply to
Jim

Loose lips sink ships.......I wonder how he stays afloat anyways.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

He just explains to anyone from the Government that his "office" is in Brazil. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Everywhere Man

You're showing your age with THAT quote.

Reply to
Jim

What was it we were talking about?

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Who is this Bob La Londe guy. I've only checked out this newsgroup twice and I already dislike him.

get a life buddy

Reply to
Dana Wiegner

"Dana Wiegner" blathered in a newsgroup message

LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Maybe you should call my boss and complain.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I can assure you that no one here gives a damn. js

Reply to
alarman

Rest assured , it was not alarms.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.