How long is "five minutes"??

It's now over a week and counting, there Robert... How long is your website going to "rfresh" your monitoring contract. Tsk... I see you're *still* advertising Alarm Central as "UL Listed"... my, my... what a tangled web you weave...

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Back when I was shopping around for my alarm system, I ran across this "site is refreshing" page. I'm not sure who Robert is, but it was enough of a deterrent to stear clear.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

smart man.

Reply to
joe

must be to busy with returns.

Reply to
joe

How long is five minutes?

Depends on which side of the rest room door you are on!

Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Good point, Allan... LOL!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Five minutes" was apparently long enough for him to source out his monitoring services to "Next Alarm". Funny how he's still got the "Alarm Central" logo in there (right text to the big orange "Next Alarm")... I guess he not only "can't type", he "can't code HTML" either... Tsk!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

The fact that he's also no longer directly involved in selling the monitoring means the State Investigator did his job.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I regenerate the site whenever I need to add a product or make other changes to the pages. The process takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes (usually). During the regeneration period all pages respond with a "404" error. It is possible to display a custom HTML page when a 404 occurs. I thought the "site is refreshing" message would be more helpful than the standard 404 message. The down side is that if any URL has an error in it the same message will be displayed indefinitely.

I'm a retired alarm installer with one of the more popular security websites catering to DIYers.

No problem. Hope you found what you needed.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.