How does one find??

formatting link

Oh contraire: The key is removable in ALL positions.

See here;

formatting link
It is close but no cigar. I realize I may have to compromise somewhere on this but not just yet.

I am also hoping for a price point in the $30 or less range. That may not be possible but I can dream.

Thanks for the link.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Not exactly: more of a detention center. The delayed egress mags will open after 15 seconds but not after there will be an alarm announcement stating which door is being activated. The key is for staff to open the door with out the alarm when it is necessary to take delivers or other activities.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Gotcha, so you need a STDP switch with a delay AND key non-removable from the cylinder if turned to the left?

You may also WANT include a "all release" from the command center, if physical security is present (fences, guards). Use these for individual units of the detention center. (can add as many as needed for risk)

Reply to
G. Morgan

]

Make sure all locks are "fail-secure".

Override on the FACP can release all locks, per zone.

Reply to
G. Morgan

formatting link
>

I don't think it matters if you remove it at the momentary position. Most people wouldn't anyway (although Graham might because he's from Texas). Us "normal people" would wait for it to return to either of the "maintained" positions.

You're not going to get anything for less than $30.00 and if you do, it probably will cost you more in the long run (with warranty returns, etc.). The switches on the pages I saw were all pretty robust looking (the kind of stuff even guys from Texas would have a hard time messing up).

;-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

I don't want any of the staff saying that they forgot to return to the off position before removing the key. And they are not from Texas. And yea, I know, I can always compromise. But not just yet.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

The reason may be to keep the key holders with the KEY!

Reply to
G. Morgan

formatting link
>

I'm not sure what the issue would be if the key is removable from the momentary position. If the switch is spring loaded from the momentary position then removing the key while holding the switch in the momentary position will simply return the switch to the off position, or am I missing something here.

Doug

Reply to
doug

formatting link
>

I'm not sure what the issue would be if the key is removable from the momentary position. If the switch is spring loaded from the momentary position then removing the key while holding the switch in the momentary position will simply return the switch to the off position, or am I missing something here.

Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like those old nose switches on early ademco and mosler alarms panels center off key removable, left armed maintained and key removable, right test circuit momentary key non-removable ...

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

formatting link
>>

EXACTLY!!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

That was ACE Lock ..... but I don't think they're in business anymore.

Reply to
Jim

I'll look around and see if I can find any, but I bought some configurable key switches all keyed alike for a door alarm system in a huge warehouse once years ago. They switches were awesome. I could set them up for either or operation. If I don't get back with an answer you might call Pam at PAM Distributing. She was the one who found the answer for me back then.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If you can't find what you're looking for, I will get it for you.

This is not complicated, why folks are making a big deal is beyond me.

Call Camden controls tomorrow, they will make anything you want.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Found a switch that will do the job. I needed to compromise a bit but it will work.

The one at Camden is a bit more costly but it has some advantages.

The one at Galco is better priced but has some different issues.

All in all, I will pose the options to the customer and let them choose.

Thanks to all for you input. ASA comes together for the good again.

Later,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.