how do I do a factory reset on GE Caddx NX4 security system

I inherited a GE Caddx NX4 system not operational. Replaced the battery and installed new contacts on all doors. Everything was in order and looked fine. Then I got a code from the previous owner but as soon as I put the code in, the system armed and alarm went off.

Now system is permanently armed, all the zones are flashing plus the service light is also flashing. The keypad does not respond. No code I try and submit responds. Tried to disconnect the battery as well as the power for 48 hours thinking it would clear the memory. Does not work.

When I link the power and/or the battery the alarm sounds and all the above remain flashing.

I disconnected the wires from the keypad in total. When reconnecting the status quo remains the same.

How do I do a factory reset? How do I clear the memory and start all over again. The keypad is a NX-124G*

Reply to
DEON
Loading thread data ...

As a special security code is required to do "installer programming", I was going to send the op a private email, but when I found that his email address is a long string of digits at example.com, I decided to decline. I went to example.com and found that it is not a normal email service provider.

John

Reply to
John Sowden

Hi John. Can you send me that info to my email? Thanks!

Reply to
aalgorta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.