Hourly Service Rate

I am currently charging $75 and hour for all field service. Plus mileage out of town. Fuel costs are driving the rpice of everything up so I may have to raise it this year.

It seems for alarm service that is about middle of the road for this area. Most are charging about the same. One or two are charging more, and one or two are charging a little less. Not sure how those who charge less are making it. Well one I know has a day job so to speak... LOL.

Anyway, I often find myself having to do some networking and other network setup to facilitate installations for access control, digital video, and system integration. In many cases I am more versed and more knowledgable then the IT "professionals" that are maintaining these networks. These same IT guys who are charging $95 to as much as $175 per hour.

So... what is your hourly service rate?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

We have two rate categories:

UTC (Under-The-Counter) rate: $75.00 OTC (Over-The-Counter) rate: $75.00

Fries and apple pies are "extra".

;-)

Minimum 2 hour billing includes TT and the first hour on site. You can pretty well get anywhere in the Lower Mainland in about an hour (there are some exceptions but it pretty well averages out in the long run). Minimum 4 hours at time and a half if it's outside of normal business hours.

Do you charge a premium for dead scorpion removal from inside the control? I sure would! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I dunno, even just getting from Guildford to Maillardville in an an hour can be a challenge most afternoons!

I find that when customers hear this, it makes most "emergency" calls not quite so much of an emergency... :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:4452275c$0$14457$ snipped-for-privacy@titian.nntpserver.com...

Here in South Florida, the subject is a sore one. I charge $65.00 for resi and $75 for commercial. That is if I can get people to except it before we go out. The minute we mention that there is going to be a charge, they go ballistic. Threats galore about canceling the contract. That is ok because we have a monitoring agreement and not a service agreement, so cancelling is not so easy until the end of their agreement. A service agreement was offered at the beginning and is a standing offer, through our newsletter, that goes out with every invoice. Of course they declined the original offer and ignore, if they even read the newsletter, the standing offer. Most larger companies don't care about the customers financial hissy fit when they are going to get charged for service. "If you want/need service, than you will pay for it. Ater all they do own the equipment, no leases, and they called me for service. If you leave mad at the end of your monitoring agreement, than so be it. These larger companies have 5M, 10M, 20M other customers with more coming in every day. The small independent, that really does want to give good service, is the one that gets hurt down here. Rather than loose a customer and their brother, who is a customer, and the business, which is a customer, they break down to the whining and crying and do the service for free and sometimes even includes parts. The pricing, the competition and the mentality that everything should be free down here is sick when I compare it to other parts of the country. I end up taking what I can get and be happy with it. That whining, crying customer just doesn't get renewed after the end of the agreement. My decision, not theirs, I don't need the aggrevation. Maybe they will find out how good they had it when they get tied up with one of these "free offer" types. Unfortunately, their ego will not let them call me back. Oh well.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
75 p/m/h for monitored clients, in town, normal biz hrs.

95 p/m/h for locals - in town, normal biz hrs - no emergency service unless they really wanna pay.

25 ph drive time for clients out of town (more than 45 min drive one way)

monitored clients also get a discount on parts...locals don't.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, I hear ya. The jet pack helps but lately some of my landings have been tricky (darned cellphone towers!). :-)

Heh... Most "emergencies" tend to wait till the next business day when they hear that... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ah, see, that's because you're still using one of those old X-3 model jetpacks. Trade up to the X-6, they have landing assist radar with radio emission sensors designed specifically to detect and avoid broadcast towers.

They also include a really spiffy cup-holder, and if you get the Special Edition model, some really funky racing stripes.

Yup!

Reply to
Matt Ion

Can you fly those inverted? :o}

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Not a good idea. Unless of course the thought of becoming a puddle of goo in your own helmet turns you on...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Matt you forgot to say that the cup holder is either heated or cooled down..for those long trip during winter or the trip over the desert..

what i like most is that Wendy's is partning up with the Noth American Jet Pack Owner Association (NAJPOA) to offer a fly true service...

Our most beloved counter clerc will be please about that!An order will be taken and served in less then 3 sec,or the time you need to fly from the beginning of the roof to the other end..Now thats what i call service!

nite service wont be available where store is to close to residential area..(too much lighting needed and it would make a few poeple angry..and i didnt talked about the noise..i know the x6's have a low noise emission level as required in California,but a lot poeple are still using those old x3's.

about x3's any one know where to get an ignition pack somewhere? my son pack is missing one,and he is tired of having to fart and use a lighter to start his motor...he wonder if it will ever back fire on him ;-)

Now on a more serious subject... he he he

we serve a line of conveniance store here and even with 4 hour minimum charge and time and a half over it,they will allways ask us to go out and change there f****ng lapse time tape recorder,at 2 in the morning, in case a hold up occure during the rest of the night

i know we could offer them some small dvr's but they dont want it,and we have to send all those defect tape recorder to a guy that make all repair for them...

and i am on stand by every for 4 week....Grrrrrrrr

Reply to
petem

We do a service call of $38 for the trip, and charge 70.00 per hour to the nearest 1/2 hour. After hours we charge 1.5 times our regular rate. We dont do service for anyone we dont monitor.

James B

Reply to
J Barnes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.