Honeywell Alarm Panels Dialing Times

How to set if possible, a Vista 10/20 or any Vista for that matter, to only dial out a certain number of times for any single alarm.

As far as I know, it is impossible thru any direct kp programming. But, I a m betting that someone may know a possible work-around. And yes, I do mean that it did not get the acknowledgement from the central, and just keeps on dialing and dialing and dialing, until it has satisfied its appetite for b eing a busybody, hence 8x.

They are dense systems, or programmers, that did not see fit to allow any i nstaller to decide what is best. Most other systems out there have that 'lu xury', but not Honeywell.

Anyone? Everyone?

Thank you for any positive contributing information.

Reply to
E D
Loading thread data ...

E D,

Looking at a Vista 20 programming on my original WIN98 machine running Compass Windows Downloader 1.5.8.82 under Dialer, Communications, No. Reports/Armed Period you have a choice of "10" or "Unlimited".

My guess is that the panel you are working with is set to "Unlimited".

In keypad programming Compass indicates *93 as the keystrokes to get there.

BTW I hate Ademco panels for a number of reasons.

That being said, I hope the above will help you with your challenge.

Have a better day and rest of the week.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

ly dial out a certain number of times for any single alarm.

am betting that someone may know a possible work-around. And yes, I do mea n that it did not get the acknowledgement from the central, and just keeps on dialing and dialing and dialing, until it has satisfied its appetite for being a busybody, hence 8x.

installer to decide what is best. Most other systems out there have that ' luxury', but not Honeywell.

They aren't "dense" systems they are designed not to do what you appear to be asking it to do for good reason, to reduce false alarms

And as someone who works at a central station I wouldn't want to monitor a system like the one you want

Reply to
mleuck

I did emphasize the following, din't I? "Thank you for any positive contributing information." Just could not help yourself...

Reply to
napinc7

Think of it positively ------ now you have something else to add to your list of "dense" items ;-D

Reply to
Jim Davis

E D,

I feel hurt!!! You didn't read my response??

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I told my doctor that every night I dream of Teepee's and Wigwams. Teepee's and Wigwams.

Doctor told me I was too tense.

Reply to
Jim Davis

7:54am Thanks I needed that to start my day!!
Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.