help with napco gemini p816

I keep getting an error *00025 zone 9 assigned or something like that.. (inside quickloader's error checking)

the problem is i only have like 3 zones. I tried deleting the data in the other zones...

now it seems like it thinks i have more zones.. 09 through 16 and i get an E27 error and E12 error sometimes when i play around with configurations.

So I think it believes I have the other zones when i don't. I tried creating a new account and downloading that to the panel but that didn't help.

I can't even arm the alarm at this point. :(

Reply to
I love my Evo
Loading thread data ...

See if you have zone doubling enabled.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: snipped-for-privacy@tech-man.com AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

That's just it, i think it enabled, but I dont' know where?

I've been through quickloader numerous times. Where should I look?

Reply to
I love my Evo

I originally went into quick loader to change the code for burglary, because CS was getting a medical emergency code instead. And I goofed something. LOL.

Reply to
I love my Evo

CS was getting a medical emergency code instead. And I goofed something. LOL.

Is this your alarm system or are you an installer?

Reply to
Jim

cause CS was getting a medical emergency code instead. And I goofed somethi= ng. LOL.

My alarm system. I think The CS guy got it wrong. I use nextalarm.com. I looked at my logs, it is reporting burglary correctly.. well was. LOL.

So I did a cold restart dealer mode 2886 i think, expecting it to wipe everything clean, and it didn't... but the keypad starting working again *shrug* and I could arm the system.

Anyway, now i'm getting flashing E27 and then E 06 01 (or maybe it was E01 06)

My main problem was that nextalarm wouldn't notify me of the burglary code, just the entry and exit.. I suspect it was because the code area was blank instead of 11. that's updated now.. but as of tonight, it stopped notifying me, and stopped updating on next alarms site log.

Reply to
I love my Evo

ok looking in the install manual E27 is printer failure...

and e06 SYSTEM TROUBLE/E06-NN SERVICE. Rf receiver response trouble. NN = receiver number.

Reply to
I love my Evo

TROUBLE/E06-NN SERVICE. Rf receiver response trouble. NN =3D receiver numb= er

I only install the Gemini 1632 on up. I don't install the P816. However, I = would think the programing is basically the same. BUT ..... with what you'v= e explained so far, I don't think I would be able to sort out what you've d= one to the programming without extensive posts. Someone local to you, who i= s familiar with the programming and has the Napco downloader program would = probably be able to do it in 5/10 minutes by uploading what's in your panel= now and scanning through it. Me ....trying to guess what you have in your = program, in this forum would be just a hit or miss guess .... at best.=20

I don't know if the "reset code" you put in was the factory default reset (= it would appear not) but at this point, that would be my best suggestion. = Set up another account in Napco downloader ( so you don't overwrite what yo= u presently have) Reset the panel to factory default and start the programm= ing from scratch in the newly setup account. Note that the panels that I am= familar with have 2 levels of default. I don't know what the P816 has.

The rest of what I have to say .... you're not going to like.=20 What you are experiencing now is just a hint at what problems DIY'ers don't= realize you can get yourself into. And I'm not talking about your inabilit= y to trouble shoot your problem. Just by the experience that you are having= now, did it ever occur to you that by some chance, that you, mucking aroun= d in your panel programming you could inadvertently program something that = would cause your panel to not or incorrectly report an alarm signal? It's o= nly the fact that the possibility of a home invasion or a fire is rather mi= nimal that keeps more tragedies from happening with DIY installations. You = have gone so far as to think that security in an important investment. Yet = you don't think it's important enough to have it (at least) professionally = programed. I can understand people wanting to do things themselves rather t= han call someone in to do it (whether the motivater is money or the challan= ge) I'm one of those people too. Yet, when it comes to certain things, I kn= ow when it's time to call the professionl to do something where there's a c= hance an accident or event could cause catastrophic results. If you're havi= ng these kinds of problems with the programing, how do you know that you ha= ven't made another mistake that's less obvious that would cause you to miss= a fire notification or an alarm signal that someone is harming your family= ?

There are some people in this industry who think that dealers who lock thei= r customers out of the programing of their panels are taking advantage of a= nd holding their customers hostage. I think that the problems you are havin= g and the potential tragic results make you a perfect example why end users= should be locked out of the programing of their panels and why it should b= e illegal for central stations to monitor DIY alarm installations. You, and= they may be willing to take the chance with your home and family But, wit= h over 43 years of experience in the industry ...... I'm not.=20 Just my (very strong) opinion.

Reply to
Jim

EM TROUBLE/E06-NN SERVICE. Rf receiver response trouble. NN =3D receiver nu= mber

I would think the programing is basically the same. BUT ..... with what you= 've explained so far, I don't think I would be able to sort out what you've= done to the programming without extensive posts. Someone local to you, who= is familiar with the programming and has the Napco downloader program woul= d probably be able to do it in 5/10 minutes by uploading what's in your pan= el now and scanning through it. Me ....trying to guess what you have in you= r program, in this forum would be just a hit or miss guess .... at best.

( it would appear not) but at this point, that would be my best suggestion= . Set up another account in Napco downloader ( so you don't overwrite what = you presently have) Reset the panel to factory default and start the progra= mming from scratch in the newly setup account. Note that the panels that I = am familar with have 2 levels of default. I don't know what the P816 has.

't realize you can get yourself into. And I'm not talking about your inabil= ity to trouble shoot your problem. Just by the experience that you are havi= ng now, did it ever occur to you that by some chance, that you, mucking aro= und in your panel programming you could inadvertently program something tha= t would cause your panel to not or incorrectly report an alarm signal? It's= only the fact that the possibility of a home invasion or a fire is rather = minimal that keeps more tragedies from happening with DIY installations. Yo= u have gone so far as to think that security in an important investment. Ye= t you don't think it's important enough to have it (at least) professionall= y programed. I can understand people wanting to do things themselves rather= than call someone in to do it (whether the motivater is money or the chall= ange) I'm one of those people too. Yet, when it comes to certain things, I = know when it's time to call the professionl to do something where there's a= chance an accident or event could cause catastrophic results. If you're ha= ving these kinds of problems with the programing, how do you know that you = haven't made another mistake that's less obvious that would cause you to mi= ss a fire notification or an alarm signal that someone is harming your fami= ly?

eir customers out of the programing of their panels are taking advantage of= and holding their customers hostage. I think that the problems you are hav= ing and the potential tragic results make you a perfect example why end use= rs should be locked out of the programing of their panels and why it should= be illegal for central stations to monitor DIY alarm installations. You, a= nd they may be willing to take the chance with your home and family =A0But,= with over 43 years of experience in the industry ...... I'm not.

Well I got it all cleared up myself. This wasn't my first time around the block either.

I'm not worried about your concerns. I can test all the features. part of the problem is with nextalarm. Their service SUCKS. Through google, i see i'm not the only one who had the problem, where the log shows the proper stuff is being reported in the activity log but you dont' get a phone call. Their full service monitoring was OK, but when money got tight, i switched to the automated monitoring, and that was a FAIL.

My money is tight and I don't need the "someone is harming my family" alarm for this location. CS doesn't protect you from that, and the police rarely protect you from that. In this world you have to protect yourself first... but that's a different discussion. Anyway this alarm system is on a warehouse for unimportant things, and the location is in the back of a maze that's low traffic. I just want a little peace of mind... so i'm looking into getting pager service, should be a lot cheaper.

As far as DIY and illegal.. how communist is that.. In a free country two entities should be able to come to agreement, to provide goods/services per their own requirements.

Reply to
I love my Evo

On Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:06:54 AM UTC-5, I love my Evo wrote:

r 23, 2012 5:30:43 AM UTC-5, I love my Evo wrote: > > > ok looking in the i= nstall manual E27 is printer failure... and e06 SYSTEM TROUBLE/E06-NN SERVI= CE. Rf receiver response trouble. NN =3D receiver number > > I only install= the Gemini 1632 on up. I don't install the P816. However, I would think th= e programing is basically the same. BUT ..... with what you've explained so= far, I don't think I would be able to sort out what you've done to the pro= gramming without extensive posts. Someone local to you, who is familiar wit= h the programming and has the Napco downloader program would probably be ab= le to do it in 5/10 minutes by uploading what's in your panel now and scann= ing through it. Me ....trying to guess what you have in your program, in th= is forum would be just a hit or miss guess .... at best. > > I don't know i= f the "reset code" you put in was the factory default reset ( it would appe= ar not) but at this point, that would be my best suggestion. Set up another= account in Napco downloader ( so you don't overwrite what you presently ha= ve) Reset the panel to factory default and start the programming from scrat= ch in the newly setup account. Note that the panels that I am familar with = have 2 levels of default. I don't know what the P816 has. > > The rest of w= hat I have to say .... you're not going to like. > What you are experiencin= g now is just a hint at what problems DIY'ers don't realize you can get you= rself into. And I'm not talking about your inability to trouble shoot your = problem. Just by the experience that you are having now, did it ever occur = to you that by some chance, that you, mucking around in your panel programm= ing you could inadvertently program something that would cause your panel t= o not or incorrectly report an alarm signal? It's only the fact that the po= ssibility of a home invasion or a fire is rather minimal that keeps more tr= agedies from happening with DIY installations. You have gone so far as to t= hink that security in an important investment. Yet you don't think it's imp= ortant enough to have it (at least) professionally programed. I can underst= and people wanting to do things themselves rather than call someone in to d= o it (whether the motivater is money or the challange) I'm one of those peo= ple too. Yet, when it comes to certain things, I know when it's time to cal= l the professionl to do something where there's a chance an accident or eve= nt could cause catastrophic results. If you're having these kinds of proble= ms with the programing, how do you know that you haven't made another mista= ke that's less obvious that would cause you to miss a fire notification or = an alarm signal that someone is harming your family? > > There are some peo= ple in this industry who think that dealers who lock their customers out of= the programing of their panels are taking advantage of and holding their c= ustomers hostage. I think that the problems you are having and the potentia= l tragic results make you a perfect example why end users should be locked = out of the programing of their panels and why it should be illegal for cent= ral stations to monitor DIY alarm installations. You, and they may be willi= ng to take the chance with your home and family =A0But, with over 43 years = of experience in the industry ...... I'm not. > Just my (very strong) opini= on. Well I got it all cleared up myself. This wasn't my first time around t= he block either. I'm not worried about your concerns. I can test all the fe= atures. part of the problem is with nextalarm. Their service SUCKS. Through= google, i see i'm not the only one who had the problem, where the log show= s the proper stuff is being reported in the activity log but you dont' get = a phone call. Their full service monitoring was OK, but when money got tigh= t, i switched to the automated monitoring, and that was a FAIL. My money is= tight and I don't need the "someone is harming my family" alarm for this l= ocation. CS doesn't protect you from that, and the police rarely protect yo= u from that. In this world you have to protect yourself first... but that's= a different discussion. Anyway this alarm system is on a warehouse for uni= mportant things, and the location is in the back of a maze that's low traff= ic. I just want a little peace of mind... so i'm looking into getting pager= service, should be a lot cheaper. As far as DIY and illegal.. how communis= t is that.. In a free country two entities should be able to come to agreem= ent, to provide goods/services per their own requirements.

I guess you're right. All it takes is one naive/gullible/cheap/stupid buyer= and one unethical seller and ...... there ya go. Free enterprise ... at it= 's best. Can I interest you in a free alarm system?

In spite of my experience you're free to believe what ever you choose. But .... I'm Sorry to say that if you give it close scrutiny, it's not a "f= ree" country anymore. At this point in my life I have learned to never underestimate the power of= a large group of stupid people.

Reply to
Jim

Amen, to that Brother........ RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.