HELP VERITAS R8 with CQR SIGMA BELL

can anyone help me please!!! I have just moved into a new house with a R8 alarm fitted but have not been left any codes by previous owner. Luckly I managed to get hold of installation manuals and done a full reset. No problems there except when i tested the system only the internal alarm sounded. I then checked the bell box which is a CQR Sigma only to find battery wires had been cut and 3 connectors had been disconnected............no probs just push them back in and away we go...........................BUT I now have 2 green led's flashing alternately and no idea what it means!!!

I would be gratefull for any advise on how to get this system up and running or any links to install manuals for the CQR Sigma bell box

Reply to
Derek
Loading thread data ...

Firstly the 2 green LED's flashing is an indication the Hold off 12 volts from the panel is connected. This should allow the battery to re-charge. You should have the following connections in the R8 and bell. connect them colour for colour.

Hold off + Hold off - Bell trigger Strobe trigger Tamper return

Good luck

Reply to
Paul Ekins

thank you paul for your reply. does this mean that untill the battery recharges i will not be able to get the system to function also can you tell me what other status the led's indicate as before this i was getting bothled's flashing together.

thanks again

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.