Help: Nuvico and DDNS?

Well, just got home to hear from my uncle that a Nuvico NVJV-based system I installed for him (I'm a computer guy, not a security/alarm guy :-) ) is working fine. Now he wants to set up the remote-access part of it. Fine, he's already got a cable modem, dynamic IP, and I know Nuvico offers a DDNS service but I can't find any info about what to do or how to set it up on Nuvico's site, nor in the manual(talked about but that's all). Of course, he's hounding me now to get it setup by this weekend. Can anyone here assist, or do I need to talk to Nuvico to set it up? Thanks.

-- Splat

Reply to
Splat
Loading thread data ...

plug it into his network router. port forward inbound traffic to the ip address of the dvr. set up the ddns service. should be no problem for a computer guy as its all computer related stuff.

Reply to
AlarmCo

Thank you for replying. Well, I know there's free ddns services but I figured Nuvico's own (if they indeed provide the service for customers of their DVRs) would be better. Maybe traffic would be lower, but maybe not. Thanks again.

-- Splat

Reply to
Splat

don't know but I'd bet they refer you to one of the freebees. let us know what you find out.

Reply to
AlarmCo

Splat inspired greatness with:

Port forward his router first. The default is port 7000, to IP

192.168.0.60. Both of these can be changed in the DVR.

From the CMS software setup the DVR: The Nuvico DDNS is automatic, The address of the dvr is, {dvrid}.dvrhost.com

Reply to
Shinola

Thanks! Much appreciated.

-- Splat

Reply to
Splat

Splat inspired greatness with:

Please let me know how it turned out, I'm experimenting with them too.

Sorry about the sig line, it was left over from another NG.

Reply to
Shinola

Will do. Couldn't get to it today so it'll be tomorrow. Thanks.

Reply to
Splat

Finally got it running. Changed the port from 80 to 7000, and also power-cycled the cable modem(c/m). It took about 3-5 minutes for the DVR to acquire all the net info and then it was working fine. I think the c/m is a little whacked though. I plugged my laptop into it and after connecting it seemed to randomly drop me. The power jack is also wacked. Methinks it's time to just buy our own c/m instead of renting Comcast's(which Ididn't know he was doing). Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Splat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.