Help needed - Vista-20P sets to Fault every time I trip door sensor.

Hi all, I am in the process of installing Vista-20P. I have setup RF Receiver

5881 and registered wireless door sensor to Zone 10. The problem is that even when the system is disarmed once door sensor is tripped it starts showing Fault at zone 10. Did I do something wrong registering the sensor? Once it faults, it never goes back to Ready state. The only way that I found out to clear the Fault is to enter/exit the programming mode.

- Why doe it Fault once the sensor is tripped?

- How to clear Faults?

Thank you.

Reply to
ymg200
Loading thread data ...

check sensor for proper loop if using a magnet it should be loop 2 if using a contact with wire use loop 1 and that should solve problem. panel should fault than go back to normal.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Also check to see if you mounted the sensor upside down...I have done that a few times myself. If you open the transmitter, you will see the glass reed switch on the side. Ademco has marks on the outside of the transmitter for proper alignment. Sometimes the serial number label cover those alignment marks.

Jim Rojas

nick markowitz wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

If you install the transmitter upside down, does that mean that you have to install the receiver upside down as well?

RW

Reply to
Roger W

Only if you live in China, or any other country opposite the globe. To test this, you simply flush a toilet. If the water circles counterclockwise, then you must install your receiver upside down for proper alignment to the earth's gravitational field.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Funny you should mention the toilet. I just tested the gravitational field in my bowl just now and its working perfectly. I was able to ascertain this when the turd dropped and splashed water all over my butt. I hate when that happens.

RW

Reply to
Roger W

Nick, thank you for the tip. Changing loop value to 2 worked.

Reply to
ymg200

That's the best example of "Bathroom" humor I've ever seen.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.