Heard From An Old ASAer Today

Thanks!! Yes, but my friend (customer) has too much money and far too much time and likes to tinker in order to save money. LOL.

To which I had to explain to him about a "Tinkers Dam" and how it might be used to fix his hole. Which now has created a whole other Off Topic thingie.........................

I was think about suggesting to him to try a sheet metal screw with an amount of PC-7 Epoxy. Can't be any worse than other suggested fixes.

Most epoxies soften and degraded to much with heat. Maybe the water will keep it within its safe zone, but a teflon gasket inside the pot under the screw head might do the trick. There it will be surrounded by water and should never get above its degradation temperature. I have some 1/4" teflon rod if you want a small piece to play with. I use it as hot casting cores when stainless creates bad castings by wicking away heat to fast.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob,

I had used PC-7 years ago to repair a 5hp Briggs engine that the connecting rod broke and in turn cracked the case. After disassembly I replaced the rod, etc. and then on the inside of the case I used PC-7 to repair the crack in the case. Held up quite well for a couple of years for a leaf catcher until I got a different mower. The blower/engine is still in my shop, ready to go..........someday.

Thanks for the teflon offer. But I think I can source some locally. I am thinking that a short #8 or #10 stainless Sheet Metal screw with a teflon 1/8" washer would do the trick on the pot. Just round off the point with a grinder and done.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cool, if you change your mind just email me your address. I can drill and slice a few washers off if you like. I have one of my small lathes setup with a 3C collet chuck just for working softer materials like teflon rod. I might have some 5/16 too. I'd have to go look.

Well, actually I mostly use it for rounding the ends of stainless dowel pins, but I originally set it up for working with softer materials like teflon rod.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I told him he should stop in here and say hi. He says he's retired now.

I may stop by and see him in the mid later winter. Looking at doing a Caribbean cruise with my wife for our 25th. Probably launch out a port in his home state rather than freeze our tushies off sailing down the eastern seaboard.

Sadly, probably not going to be able to meet up this trip. Its 3hrs drive one way from where our ship is launching to where he lives. Maybe another time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I will see you next time.

Reply to
jimrojas813

Who are you calling old? lol

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Well if it isn't Jim Rojas!!

Hi Jim, welcome back to pit. Been a long time not reading your typing.

Hope all is going as well as it can.

If you have been lurking you may have noticed that some of us old Pharts are still here.

Thanks for stopping by...................

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Hey Jim.

I DO reserve the right to call you "young man"

(Mainly because I'm the only one old enough here to do so)

Welcome back.

Good to hear from you again.

Reply to
Jim Davis

No problem. I am glad to be back.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 8:53:19 PM UTC-5, Jim Rojas wrote: .

Coincidently, I was driving near the Cross Island Parkway last week on my way to Manhattan and you popped into my mind. I thought I remembered that you said you used to live somewhere nearby.

Reply to
Jim Davis

I grew up in the Sunset Park area. That is near the Verrazano Bridge.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Ahhhh!

Wrong bridge !! :->>>

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.