Healthcare

Someone here expressed concern that under "Obabacare" they would be forced to give up their current insurance plan. The following is cut directly from the bill:

7 SEC. 1251. PRESERVATION OF RIGHT TO MAINTAIN EXIST 8 ING COVERAGE. 9 (a) NO CHANGES TO EXISTING COVERAGE.- 10 (1) IN GENERAL.-Nothing in this Act (or an 11 amendment made by this Act) shall be construed to 12 require that an individual terminate coverage under 13 a group health plan or health insurance coverage in 14 which such individual was enrolled on the date of en 15 actment of this Act.

If anyone else would like to actually read the bill, I'll be happy to email it to you. If you want the URL, here it is.

formatting link
Note that for some reason if you just click any of the links you'll be able to view the related PDF document but it can't be saved. Instead, set your option for PDFs with FireFox or MSIE as "Download", then right-click, save/as.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

It doesn't matter what it says at this point. Many have already drawn their own conclusions on what it says.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

It does matter. The problem is many have based their conclusions on lies told to them by crooked politicians. You know -- the ones who said there will be death panels.

Immediately after the bill was cleared as deficite *helpful* we saw right-wing political leaders stating categorically that the report said precisely the opposite of what it did say. Since most people won't make the minimum effort to read it for themselves, a lot of honest citizens on the right believed the lie.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't want to read any damn report and neither should you. Regardless of whether it's a good bill or bad bill Obama should have lived up to his word and made sure the exact bill and changes were published for all to read if they so chose.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Many more are finding out what's actually in the bill and it isn't pretty

Reply to
mleuck

The lie is that it's deficit "helpful", only a fool believes that and again you seem to not want to argue yet you continually post items that you know people will find fault with

Reply to
mleuck

He did. Now you "don't want to read any d*** bill"?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Show us a link to the current complete posting of the bill, and the date when it was posted. Then compare that to exactly what he said in his promises of transparency, disclosure, etc.

HE DID NOT LIVE UP TO HIS WORD AT ALL.

Not that I ever expect any politician to live up to their word.

Now to click IGNORE on this thread so I am not tempted to read whatever last word you decide to have and just get myself more irritated.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Forget about it. This is going nowhere.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Good job with the new outlook on life Robert, it's working well

/sarcasm

Reply to
mleuck

Right now it is a tossup to see which is worse Obamacare or Obamanomics. I understand why Obama is getting rid of the return to the moon effort by NASA. He knows that by the end of his administration he'll be put in permanent exile on the moon and is trying to forestall the inevitable. I find it interesting how Democrats were saying how badly the economy was under Bush with 5% unemployment. Now the same dopes praise Obama for 10% unemployment as far as the eye can see. November can't come soon enough. Buyer's remorse has really set in.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.