Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have to say that it sure is too bad that this newsgroup has just about re ached the end of it's existence. Back in 1996, when I first came across the group I thought .... what a great thing this was. What a place for end use rs installers, manufacturer and whatever to come together to get and give i nformation ... help.... advice. Even all the while it was going through ba d times there were always the little gems of information that would slip th rough the garbage. And when all that finally came to an end .... I thought NOW .... it will build back up to it's potential but .... (I think) unfortu nately the "social networking" craze has sapped all the potential users awa y from the Newsgroup forums, which leaves nothing left to attract anyone he re. There are still a lot of the old ALT forums still functioning on other subjects but unfortunately this one has deteriorated to the point of no ret urn.

The moderated forums are neat and orderly but to my taste they are much too populated. If you don't have the time to check in on them a half dozen tim es a day, by the time you get to look in on them, twenty people have alread y responded and/or answered any posts that have been made. Hardly an hour g oes by after an original post that some one or half dozen people have respo nded. In brief .... they're simply overpopulated and all you can do is read the questions and answers and very seldom get to participate.

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone found any other alarm related groups or forums that are interesting?

Again .... Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jim

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..

Jim I use to go to Excite, The Globe, MSN, ICQ, even yahoo groups (hosted on their own servers) But as you might notice there all gone.. Much like you I hang around here for the occasional interesting tid-bit..

Much like teenagers, as we get older we seem to know it all.. ;-) Or just don't care.. ROFL

Happy Holidays RTS

I have to say that it sure is too bad that this newsgroup has just about reached the end of it's existence. Back in 1996, when I first came across the group I thought .... what a great thing this was. What a place for end users installers, manufacturer and whatever to come together to get and give information ... help.... advice. Even all the while it was going through bad times there were always the little gems of information that would slip through the garbage. And when all that finally came to an end .... I thought NOW .... it will build back up to it's potential but .... (I think) unfortunately the "social networking" craze has sapped all the potential users away from the Newsgroup forums, which leaves nothing left to attract anyone here. There are still a lot of the old ALT forums still functioning on other subjects but unfortunately this one has deteriorated to the point of no return.

The moderated forums are neat and orderly but to my taste they are much too populated. If you don't have the time to check in on them a half dozen times a day, by the time you get to look in on them, twenty people have already responded and/or answered any posts that have been made. Hardly an hour goes by after an original post that some one or half dozen people have responded. In brief .... they're simply overpopulated and all you can do is read the questions and answers and very seldom get to participate.

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone found any other alarm related groups or forums that are interesting?

Again .... Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jim

Reply to
Rocky

I read AVS forums for a while. Its ok.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.