Happy 4th

Hope everyone has a little fun planed for the weekend.

Have fun but don't knock down and statues. :->

Reply to
Jim Davis
Loading thread data ...

Happy 3rd.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks Jim, My weekend will be a recover from last Sunday afternoon when a very small thunderstorm came through. Maybe

2-3 mile in diameter. Very heavy torrential downpour until the Straight Line Winds forced everything at the house, breaking limbs and dropping trees. Presently have two large burn piles at the back of the property. After lighting off hopefully will be cooking hot dogs and marshmallows in the evening. BTW after about 5 minutes or so of the approximately 100mph winds the yard looked a mess. Large limbs hanging about 20' up on other trees, etc. Still have one limb that is hanging on another tree that is hanging over a 220v power line. Power Company won't touch in since the tree is N-O-T touching the power wire. Until it does it is the homeowner's responsibility to handle.

If I fail to respond by Monday you can consider the possibility that something bad has happened to me. :-(

To all have a Great AMERCIAN 4th of July Holiday!!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Some decades ago when I worked for Arizona Telephone Company (now owned by TDS Telecom) we had an issue with noise on a carrier system caused by a branch growing up into some open wire (copper clad steel wire). We had asked for our construction crew to do something about it and were told they were to busy. We asked for some tools to cut it ourselves, and were told that the construction crew needed all those tools. One day after weeks of customer complaints my immediate supervisor took his shotgun out and began to cut off the offending branch one shot at a time. I seem to recall it took six or seven shots.

Same fellow who used a .22 magnum pistol to punch a buckle hole in his climbing belt when nothing else would punch it and he couldn't get a climbing belt that fit him properly from our tool room at the main office.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

LOL That is the way it use to be done!!! Someday you just have to be creative and if it means going to an extreme then so be it.

That story brings back memories. I remember as a kid (maybe 10) there was a bad storm. A large limb on the tree behind the house had broken was leaning on the roof. My Dad, didn't have a ladder long enough to reach up to that level. He went an got his 30-30 Winchester lever action hunting rifle. Don't recall how many shots but the limb did break off and it came down quite effectively.

If I tried to that today with my 1903 Springfield 30ot6 Custom I would have cops all over me!!!

I need another plan. One of these will do nicely.

formatting link

At $400 for the day with delivery and pickup it works for me!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Happy 4th of July.

Or as the Brits would say, "Happy Treason Day you ungrateful colonials."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.