Handheld Programmer For Brinks Security Panels

Hi guys,

I purchased a home with a brinks panel already installed from the previous owner about 2 yrs ago. At one point I tried to get the panel activated and to no one elses surprise, brinks monitoring fee and required comittment was a big shock to me.

Recently, I found a board talking about a hackers version of a brinks programmer on ebay.

(See here)

formatting link
I took a chance and purchased it. It pretty much does everything he claims it will. I can change zone types, attributes, master code, aux codes, all of the important stuff no problem. But the designer of this device makes no claim to know anything about brinks panels or other products other than what he's learned from his own BHS2000. Now that I have my panel set up and the eprom data backed up to disk I want to experiment with the device programmer. Some of the data on the chip is obvious what its purpose is. Other data is not so obvious. This brings me to my question....

Can anyone that's ever used a Brinks/Scantronics handheld programmer tell me some other things that it is capable of doing on a BHS2000 panel? I'd like to adjust the amount of time the siren stays on, and the entry/exit delay time. How is this set with a brinks handheld, or is it?

Thanks,

Eric

Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system Per maggiori informazioni |For more info

formatting link

Reply to
George Orwell
Loading thread data ...

Dude, purchase this programmer.

formatting link
I will give you or post the all program locations and values. Its basically a simple system, with very few features. If the board is completed shutdown, wipe the chip clean with the programmer, and load the basic panel defaults. This information is also available on a google search for Brinks 2000 hack. I am the guy who originally posted this information back in 2001. I got tired of the f****ng bullshit that brinks does to its customers. I will have to look at my computer at work for the programming information sheet.

In the past few years, I purchased several brinks systems from ebay, craigslist and at flea markets. Most times I paid under $20 for this stuff. Its really too bad the people at brinks are such f****ng assholes. If they allowed me to use my system without signing a contract, I would have gladly paid month to month.

I currently have my brinks system monitored through alarm relay. They charge $9 per month.

IJT Flushing, NY

Reply to
Anonymous Sender

You overpaid.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Still can't fathom why people would want to waste time & money screwing around with a used Boinks board. If I had one of those pieces of junk in a house I bought I'd rip it out and ship it back to Boinks COD - after all it 's their property right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Just asking may get you sued!!! We don't know anything about Brinks. Aren't they an armored car company?

There is no such thing as a Brinks programmer in private hands.

There are plenty of old Acron ones out there, though!!!

Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:44:48 +0100 (CET), George Orwell wrote:

owner about 2 yrs ago. At one point I tried to get the panel activated and to no one elses surprise, brinks monitoring fee and required comittment was a big shock to me.

will. I can change zone types, attributes, master code, aux codes, all of the important stuff no problem. But the designer of this device makes no claim to know anything about brinks panels or other products other than what he's learned from his own BHS2000. Now that I have my panel set up and the eprom data backed up to disk I want to experiment with the device programmer. Some of the data on the chip is obvious what its purpose is. Other data is not so obvious. This brings me to my question....

some other things that it is capable of doing on a BHS2000 panel? I'd like to adjust the amount of time the siren stays on, and the entry/exit delay time. How is this set with a brinks handheld, or is it?

Reply to
Red

We know a lot about Brinks.

That's them.

That's patently false. There's no such thing as a "Brinks programmer" either. It's a DTI, Scantronic or Acron unit. Brinks buys them and slaps their labels on them. There are plenty of "Brinks labeled" units out there "in private hands" (most can be purchased off eBay). It would be far less frustrating for a homeowner bent on cancelling their PSA to replace the equipment with something a little more "generic". I've been given to understand that certain programming sections (of the Brinks badged) Honeywell and Scantronic panels can't be altered.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Lighten up a bit. The entire reply was laced with humor and sarcasm. Maybe you need to make it to Las Vegas next week and get laid.

Reply to
Red

He couldn't get laid if he brought a million dollars to the Chicken Ranch.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Must be true coming from the foremost authority on getting "NO PUSSY"

Reply to
Roger W

The wife has no complaints in that department... And I've got far better things to spend my money on...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Then you need something to help, you're too friggin uptight.

Don't rely on the words of wives, they lie.

Reply to
Red

I am leaving for Texas in a few minutes. I will talk to you all soon.

Jim Rojas

Just Look>> Don't rely on the words of wives, they lie.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Wives lie to you, ex-wives lie about you.

Reply to
Just Looking

If you're going to Texas, it's "All y'all".

Enjoy your stay here. I wish you good luck again and as I said on the phone don't spit into the wind.

Reply to
Red

Come on pardner! Sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Texas has a large hispanic population. Mostly from Mexico instead of Cuba like in Florida. Perhaps learning a few phrases like "Soy de Mexico" wouldn't hurt. A respectful greeting you might say to the other sides attorney of record could be "Hola Puto!" ¡Que mueran los abogados! You can tell them you are just learning the language if they act offended.

Reply to
Roland Moore

He already goes there regularly to look for female company.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Update, the judge was sick today, his hearing is tomorrow. I should see him sometime tonight

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Maybe if Jim brought the judge some whisky and XANAX it would help to get the judge feeling a little better? Over time Jim's antics probably got her a little stirred up. She might not accept such a gift from Jim right now, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Reply to
Just Looking

No idea, he'll call tomorrow morning to let me know how it all went.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.