Guardaware cu-22

I have an older (20 years) home security system in the home I purchased. It is a Guardaware CU-22 with perimeter loop, and pressure pads under carpet areas. I just replaced the siren drivers board and got the exterior sirens yelping, but cannot not seem to get the carpet pads to NOT arm when I am home and want the perimeter loop active. I am trying to understand how it operates. Anyone know of a source for instruction manuals or schematics? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Elliot Feldbau
Loading thread data ...

That system has to be close to 30 years old. The way to stop the mat from working is with a shunt, or bypass switch. It doesn't mean that there is one there. Maybe the previous owner only used the system when they weren't home. Look at the top of the staircase for a hidden toggle switch, or maybe it is at the panel. Worst case, follow the wire under the mat and see where it goes. Radio Shack sells toggle switches you can put in parallel to the mat circuit to bypass it.

I have a manual for the CU17. It might help you understand the circuit design.

Jim Rojas

Elliot Feldbau wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.