Guard Tour System??

Hey yous guys!!!

Anybody in here have any good knowledge or familiarity with a Guard Tour System??

I have a customer that is looking at installing a small system with only three(3) stations. Would need to be connected to a computer network for retrieval of data, etc.

Utilize some RFID key-fobs with readers, etc.

Just looking for a Mfg and model.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions??

Imagine that!! A fresh topic for ASA. WHO will respond first??

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

for a cut-rate system you could use a basic alarm panel with radio remotes triggered by security "Key" (medico etc...) Then pull the panel memory remotely or with a printer.. or if money is no object, go with a designed for system..

Reply to
RTS

Hi RTS,

Yes, I had thought of that but, they would like to have the ability to easily access and generate reports. That can be challenging with an alarm panel and the history report has more info than needed. I know it would be a trade-off of price and doing it with designed equipment.

So, I assume you personally have not worked with one??

I did the google thing, however having some direct knowledge would be desired. Thanks for your input.

At least you are the winner of being the first responder. Congrats!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I've heard report of some of the designed system having security issues and also programing lock up's.. some systems you've seen..

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Back in the days when I ran Guards We used the old standard "Time Clock" either paper tape or the paper disk.. where a key would be placed at different stops along the route.

Fun times.. LOL

Reply to
RTS

Rocky,

Thanks for the additional input. Yes, I was looking at the Guard 1 system as what might work for this application.

The challenge is with this kind of stuff you won't actually know how and if it is going to work for YOU unless you have it in house and working with it for a while. Then and only then will you know if it is the right system.

The nice part about the Guard 1 system they give you a 30 day return policy. Which is nice but then you might have 29 days of time invested and if you send it back you need to start all over again. Needless to say you have to do your homework in advance. Which is what I am doing.

Thanks again for the extra input.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I've never installed a guard tour setup, but the customer software for a Napco Gemini X255 with access control can generate a lot of reports for a user if they want to learn how to use it.

If you are just logging guards, you could put in readers that don't do anything except log the card access. Pretty sure you can name the locations in the client software so the reports make sense.

I installed several X255s with access control, and Net-Link modules so they could manage their systems across their networks. I never installed one for that type of setup, but the P9600 was also supposed to be Net-Link and access capable. I seem to recall you can pull the access log, burglary log, or complete log separately. Actually at the keypad too. Dang, its only been two years and I've forgotten almost everything. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hi Bob,

Yea, I thought of using the on site NX8E Panel and install a few Readers and do it as you described.

Then I looked at the Guard 1 equipment and that is does specifically what the customer wants at real good price. So I suggest to them today to just buy the equipment and have their IT guy set it up on their network. Much easier and no wiring except for a USB cable.

So, how it the little shop on the prairie?? Doing well I hope.

Have a good weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Yeah ??. Well get ready.

The older you get the shorter that time is going to get.

It's all for the best though. When it reaches the point that you're dribbli ng and wearing Depends, you don't want to remember past the last bowel move ment anyway.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Jim, you aren't speaking from experience are you?? Just asking..................

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

bbling and wearing Depends, you don't want to remember past the last bowel movement anyway.

Yeah, I hate it when I drool into my keyboard. Makes the keys stickkkkkkkkk kkkkkk.

Reply to
Jim Davis

LOL

IIIIIIIIIIIt never happpppppenssss to meeeeee....................

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.