Good news... well, sort of

I went in for chemo today. The doctor says the tumors are still growing but not as rapidly as expected. He says I may have more time than we originally thought

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

g but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time than we o= riginally thought -- maybe six months or more.

It's going to be a long six months....

Reply to
mleuck

ing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time than we= originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

RHC: That's a pretty miserable thing to say Mark. That is definately below you....

Reply to
tourman

What evidence do you have that supports that? I'd say it's par for the course for him.

Reply to
G. Morgan

not as rapidly as expected.  He says I may have more time than we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

Robert, my news servers drop your messages when they have your v-card attached. I didn't see your OP. Would you please consider not posting binaries, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't see them.

Reply to
G. Morgan

owing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time than = we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

1. I personally don't want anyone to die but lets be honest, does anyone really miss Psycho Mike?
  2. If my life were ending this is the last place I'd talk about it, he posted it knowing the responses he'd get.
  3. I find it interesting you respond to what some people say but not others, in other words where have you been the last 6 months?
Reply to
mleuck

e:

wing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time than w= e originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

This from someone who once posted David Allan Coe mp3's?

Reply to
mleuck

Sure. Here it is. I accidentally hit "Insert... Business Card" instead of "Insert... Signature."

I went in for chemo today. The doctor says the tumors are still growing but not as rapidly as expected. He says I may have more time than we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

growing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time tha= n we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

RHC: I've been here but only respond when 1- it's related to security matters ....or....2- when a comment is so bad it cries out for a response. You and RLB seem to be engaging in another of the endless strings of childish "you said, I say" threads that go nowhere but down. You both should take a deep breath and put an end to it.

Reply to
tourman

l growing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time t= han we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

Bob Do not know if it works on what you have but the Avastin They used along with 5FU killed my tumors I know its approved for the colon but do not know if for other tumors you may want to look into it.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Sounds like in about 6 months that'll happen

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks, Nick. Apparently that combination isn't prescribed for the type I have.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Go f*ck yourself.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's good news. I'll bet he says the same thing six months from now!

Reply to
G. Morgan

we did a pretty good job of cleaning up the newgroup till bAss came back. now it's back to the SOS. why do you have to be such a dick?

Reply to
Kid

Could be. I have a malignant pleural effusion from lung cancer [clickety-click, click: Leuck furiously Googling away though he will of course deny it]. I had this from the start. No one told me that the prognosis was so grim 3 years ago. No one told me I was supposed to die in about 2-4 months so I just kept on living. Now the pleura is a real mess and the cancer has spread everywhere but I'm still "thriving" (that's how my oncologist describes it) so he says I'll last a little longer.

Some wise person said that doctors often tell you that you've only got xx months to live so when you outlast their predictions they become heroes. Maybe that's a part of this, too.

Anyway, I'm considering heading back to Brazil for Carnaval 2010 if I'm still on my feet that far along. You've probably read about Carnaval in Rio De Janeiro or seen bits about it on TV at one time or another. It's this incredible show that you watch from viewing stands (called the Sambadroma).

That's OK for tourists but I prefer the Nordestino (in the NE cities of Brazil) version of Carnaval. There it's a bacchanalian street party with literally hundreds of thousands of people out in the streets -- laughing, dancing, drinking, kissing random strangers and listening to the greatest bands in all of South America as they slowly make their way along a 6-8 kilometer parade route.

Bear in mind this is no parade like we have on July 4. You don't stand on the sidewalk cheering from behind wooden barricades. No, everyone is out in the middle of the crowd. As you know I love a good party. Well, this is a the great grand-daddy of all parties and it goes on for six days officially but actually lasts for weeks if you're invited to all the pre- and post-Carnaval "festas." I have a number of good friends in several cities around the NE so I'm always out for one or another event. I'll be single by the time Carnaval rolls around so what the heck!

I'm sure Nick knows one thing I've come to realize while fighting this disease. For the most part you cannot control when or how you will die. The only thing you can control, at least to a certain extent, is how you will live in the meantime. I choose to live every day. I hope you do, too.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I get antsy in an elevator with more than four people.

But ............. Thanks for the warning.

Vist to Brazil during Carnival goes on the list with Hati, Dominican Republic, Espaniol , places in Mexico, and most of the other South American countries., along with Iraq Iran and Afganistan.

I Don't go to places where there are big uncontrolable crowds or hostile people. Limits my travel destinations sometimes but there are lots of other choices and the relaxation level is great.

Reply to
Jim

Aww and just yesterday you sent me a friend invite...darn!

Reply to
mleuck

l growing but not as rapidly as expected. =A0He says I may have more time t= han we originally thought -- maybe six months or more.

Well at least you included RLB in your reply, that seems to be the only time you mention him when he's on a bender.

Reply to
mleuck

Make the most of them. "Robert L Bass" wrote in message news:YpmdnTVkwJML-STXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com... I went in for chemo today. The doctor says the tumors are still growing but not as rapidly as expected. He says I may have more time than we originally thought

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.