Good news... well, sort of

Not Me!!!!!!!!! That'd be Tom.

I don't think I've been to Manhattan more than 20 times in my whole life. Besides, I'm not allowed to "carry" in NYC. where ironically is exactly where you need to.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I've always done most of my "sailing" in the Carribean. Having less time here, I'm a power boater.

Reply to
Jim

That's funny. I always just assumed you had a sailboat. I've been on board sailboats a few times but much prefer power boats, though I never owned one.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I had my senior year of high school in Manhattan (on 59th near Lex) and worked in midtown a few years later. For a few months I worked in an office on the

30th floor of the Empire State building. I guess that makes me more a New Yorker than you, Jim... :^)

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nope. You don't have the accent.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've lived all over the country so my accent is somewhat cosmopolitan, I guess. My Portuguese accent is definitely Bahiano though. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Naaaah, aw youse guys tawk funny.

Youse guys even type funny.

Reply to
Jim

Thanks, Bob. I just noticed this post after replying to the others.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I was born in NJ. I've only known one person in my life who had the "Joisey" accent.

To that count I plead guilty as charged. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
too fat for a ladder

It's not the sites that scare them. It's those tank tops you make your techs wear.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On Sep 27, 2:47=EF=BF=BDam, too fat for a ladder wro= te:

You've made my point.

It's the people who don't think about their surroundings that are more likely going to run into a problem they can't handle. Those that are aware ..... don't.

The obvious answer is ..... to not to work for the cheap snooty bastards. When I first started I was hardup for any job. Now, when I sense "the attitude" the price goes WAY up. If they're cheap, I don't get the job. If they're not, but pains in the ass, twice the amount makes it more bearable. But, on a couple of occasions, I've had to lay it on the line. Some back off. Those that don't, we settle up and they get someone else. I don't have time for the BS anymore and there's always another client waiting patiently for my work.

It's nice to be King.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
too fat for a ladder

Big whoop, I've done several Chicago project apartments in the past, not a big deal

Drinking on the job, how thoughtful. Why couldn't you have waiting until you were home?

Reply to
mleuck

So, you've never accepted an "adult beverage" from a customer? Yeah.

Reply to
G. Morgan

AI never did. Well, at least I don't recall ever having done so. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

e:

Been offered but never accepted because not all of us are Foster Brooks wannabees

Reply to
mleuck

Who's Al?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Al Koholic

Reply to
mleuck

I meant to type "I"

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.