Give IP connectivity to old Vista panels.

Our company has developed a small board that plugs in Vista panels (getting the power from them too) that allows two interesting features:

1) TCP alarm reporting to Galaxy-like receivers.

2) It allows bidirectional access by means of Compass software BUT over the Internet instead of a serial connection.

While we devolped it for a local partner, we'll be open to sell it on other countries.

Our plug-in units cost less than $200 and they can extend the life of aging but working panels. The unit comes with an 10/100 Ethernet network connection.

Feel free to ask us any of your questions and we'l ltry to address them all.

Have a nice day,

Miguel

Reply to
m1gs4n
Loading thread data ...

I am interested in your system. Post your address and phone number where you can be contacted.

Reply to
Brent

Hi Brent,

I'm based on Valencia, Spain (GMT+2) and I can be found on +34

963879709 from 9h to 14h.

These are some more the details of the system ...

A microcontroller handles the serial communication that goes to the printer port to capture the messages sent to the printer to convert them to contact ID.

On the other hand the same serial communication is used to connect the panel to a computer to have a bidirectional session. Our system intercepts this communication and forward it through the network to the computer located elsewhere. We install in the PC end a serial port redirector so COMPASS software stills thinks it is directly connected to the Vista panel.

Our system is also connected to the ECP bus, because you need to type the engineer code for the panel to switch to bidirectional communication with the PC. We have figured out how the bus works and we simulate a user typing the code (we use address 20 for that).

As the PC will connect eventually to many different Vista panels we have developed a small Windows software that allows you to manage your panel's database (containing IP addresses, engineer codes, IP addresses of the event receiver and so on).

The system draws 60 mA from the 12V supply of the panel. Size is 2.5" x

4" and it is plugged in on the area reserved for the printer input of the panel.

Thanks for your interest,

Miguel

Reply to
m1gs4n

Is there really a market for these widgets? I've seen attempts from many manufacturers to do this - even Ademco themselves has a multi-hundred-dollar 386-based monster that they bolt on $20 panels to call them "Internet Compatible". Functionality is poor of course since the panel wasn't designed to work this way.

I think it's like taping a HEMI to a bicycle. Why not scrap the panel and pay $200 for something that was designed to do this in the first place?

/A

Reply to
Andrew

Hi Andrew:

I mostly agree:

If you're buying a new system I think there is no doubt you buy a new one.

However, some customers with hundreds or thousands of old systems ( banks) may be willing to extend the lifetime of their working system PLUS adding the capabitlity of live supervision (which they don't have it now and it is an important one).

If you have had a bidirectional communication with a vista panel over the phone you know they are slow. That means a remote operator time is wasted, with our device this is working like if you were directly connected.

I am not telling you this is a replacement or has all the capabilities of a new panel, but it is a trade-off.

Cheers,

Miguel

Andrew wrote:

Reply to
m1gs4n

Reply to
cliffgrubb

Yes, it looks similar for Power864 and MAXSYS panels.

formatting link

12VDC/250mA/$339
Reply to
m1gs4n

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.