GeoVision Cards and Software

I want to install a PC based system in my home. Most of what I have found on the internet uses the GeoVision card and software. Looking to buy a package system (PC, car, cameras). Any help appreciated.

Reply to
rqo
Loading thread data ...

NetProMax

Dedicated Micros

Pelco

They all have complete systems. I've worked with all three. I've also worked with some GeoVision based systems. I like the NetProMax if your really want to stay PC based, but I have Dedicated Micros that have been in service for 2 years without a single re-boot.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Great leads, thanks.

Any feedback on "Alarm King" products?

rqo

Reply to
rqo

Alarm King products are rebranded eyemax products which use the Magic Radar capture cards from Tibet Systems

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

Thanks! Other than their website (not very helpful) and a local dealer (also,, not very helpful), I couldn't find anything about them. He was pushing them as the "best in the industry", "Alarm King, they have no equal", etc. At $8,400 for a 6 camera system from him, I just had to say "no thank you".

I ended up buying a Dell based GeoVision system from PalmVid. For our needs, it sounds like it will do the job. Much less expensive and with 8 cameras.

rqo

Reply to
rqo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.