GEM-RP1CAE2 & 2x 8 zone Expanders - 17-24 zone OPEN

Hi,

I have a Napco 3200 panel, with GEM-RP1CAE2 Keypad, two 8-zone expanders & a 16-point wireless receiver.

My system was fine till I had 16 zones (8 from panel & 8 from a 8-zone expander + 8 point wireless receiver).

I bought another 8-zone expander & 16-point wireless receiver (which I replaced with the 8-point wireless receiver). I configured the new

8-zone expander as #3 i.e. zones 17-24. Problem is, I see zone 17-24 as always OPEN.

I thought might be the 4-zones from the GEM-RP1CAE2 keypad are set as

17-20, hence I tried changing the new 8-zone expander as #4 i.e. zones 21-28. But still i got zones 17-24 as "OPEN" & zones 25-28 as "NORMAL".

I even tried playing with the "EZM ADDRESS #" setting in the GEM-RP1CAE2 keypad. That didn't help either.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea of what might be going on here.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
abcdny99
Loading thread data ...

Set the first EZM-8 to address 1, the Keypad EZM to address 3 and the 2nd EZM-8 to address 4.

Make sure that you have either (a) programmed each zone for "No EOL Resistor" or (b) installed an EOL resistor in series with each non-fire zone or across each fire zone.

Note: Napco allows you to configure any zones as wired or wireless. If you program a zone that is also on the wired zone expanders as a wireless zone, you must also place an EOL across the terminals on the expander.

If you left the wireless zones as they were and added a wired expander, the above is the most likely cause of your problem.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This is almost always because there is either an overlap in devices calling for the same zones, or a gap/hole in zone sequence. Make sure each keypad has its zone expander disabled and only enable the one you want. Then, set the two zone expander modules and keypad in consecutive order, leaving no gaps in zones and making sure not to overlap. Each zone you're not using will display as OPEN on the panel. Just put an EOL resistor across it or illiminate that zone from the area in the programming so it ignores it.

Reply to
Total nerd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.