GE to get out of security buisness

GE is talking to Goldman Sacks about selling its security business.

Thank god what a miserable company to do business with and what a horrible company for what they did to caddix ,moose and others.

Goodbye GE and don't let the door hit you in the ass go back to what you know best electric control equipment and stay the hell out of alarms.

you should get out of the electric motor business and light bulbs as well.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

I take it from your comment you didn't like GE Security.. (LOL) We never liked them for (like you said) what they did to Moose.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

GE quality has been going to hell for years there motors no longer hold up i no longer use them there flurescent light bulbs always 1-2 bad bulbs in every case i no longer buy any of there bulbs they have had numerous recalls of appliances its ridiculas.

Reply to
nick markowitz

their appliances are still pretty good though...my fridge is 16 years and still going strong...and our 2 year old Profile dishwasher is the quietest best dishwasher we've had yet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Moose was dead anyway, they made decent panels in the late 80's and early 90's but the later ZX series wasn't anywhere close to being in the same league as NX or Concord so it made sense GE killed them.

My problem with GE is they bought Interlogix then gutted everything which left that division rudderless for several years, and don't get me started on the Simon XT

Reply to
mleuck

GE hasn't been a consumer products company in years. They are no different than those strip mall furniture stores or the "tote the note" car dealers. Basically a finance company in disguise.

Reply to
Robert Neville

I am a former GE Security employee. I was not let go, I quit a while ago. I could not take it anymore.

If you only knew what is going on in GE Security, you would be amazed. There is no value put on anyone in that company. Everyone is a number. An expendable number.

They have just milked a cash cow, and now that the milk is drying up, they are getting rid of it. They preach growth, but only push cutting cost out of products. I can tell you that except for management, 90% of all employees hate working for GE and would gladly leave if they found other work. Most people stay out of fear of having no job and/or for the benifits.

Reply to
Tom

It appears they value their customers just about as much as employees. :^(

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.