For almost 2 billion, not bad considering they bought Interlogix for

777 million in 2001
Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

Lets hope they do a better job than GE

Reply to
nick markowitz

If history has any credibility, within a year or so, it's probably the last we'll see of many of the smaller divisions that are part of the GE family. I can picture ESL and ITI disappearing along with Sentrol. I don't know what else they own but, anything that's small will disappear or be "absorbed" under another name until no one remembers the product or how to get access to it. Ademco did this for years.

Reply to
Jim

FWIW There is a lot more being sold that just Interlogix.

It is interesting (not known by me till today) that UTC owns Chubb Security in Canada.

So who here has any input on Chubb Security???

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Frank used to work there I think.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Frank used to work there.

In fact, I think they named it after him.

Reply to
Jim

I've also lost a lot of weight since then. Some would call it "skinney", but I prefer "svelt".

Reply to
Frank Olson

That's probably correct though I would expect the Sentrol and ITI lines to remain. They still seem to hold significant market share. The Caddx stuff I'd expect to disappear, especially since much of the RF portion of the line is duplicated by ITI.

Agreed. They've bought into some good fiber optic products. I don't know if that's going with the security stuff. If so, the profit isn't anything like what Leuck would have you believe.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Are you saying Frank is chubby? C'mon, let's play nice. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You beat me to that one. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I eyes aren't what they used to be.

Is that a "v" or an "m" in that last word?

Reply to
Jim

"w".

Reply to
Frank Olson

It was a "p" and Tom Fowler will deal with this.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.