GE security decals

In line at Lowes Home Improvement, and I see these on the shelf.

GE SECURITY alarm system stickers in a 5 pack, complete with GE logo, for anybody to buy. Now there's some dealer support. F*ing ignorant, pompous asses, it's probably for the best they they sold the security division. Idiots

End Rant

Reply to
Effenpig1
Loading thread data ...

They do sell some GE security parts in those stores

Reply to
mleuck

That's even worse yet

What do they sell?

Reply to
Effenpig1

Mostly hacked versions of low end self-contained systems like the Simon

Reply to
mleuck

I checked out the Lowes security selection. Wireless door contact, wireless pir, and my favorite a door stop wedge alarm ( nice ). None of the stuff even remotely resembled their actual wireless security sensors. I guess this stuff is supposed to connect back to a little 4 button voice console. All in all, pretty shabby. They had a few wireless camera/ receiver combos, they looked like the crap from those Chinese CCTV sites. They also had yard signs. This stuff doesn't look like it came from the security division, I don't think they share any parts at all with the simon/concord/networx.

I still think it's pretty crappy of them.

Reply to
Effenpig1

:

ADT does the same thing and has been doing it for years selling a low end DIY product alarm and cctv

Reply to
nick markowitz

te:

I think it shows a lack of respect for dealers of their professional products.I putting their logo on stickers bound for the checkout lane of home improvement stores is taking that lack of respect and support to a whole new level.

I guess in reality the type of person who tries to prevent a burglary with stickers alone isn't the type of person likely to become my customer anyway, at least not until after they get robbed.

It just caught me by surprise to see alarm sticker with the GE logo in the checkout line.

Reply to
Effenpig1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.