Garage Protection with Pets

I believe the 20P can use cross-zoning, although I've never done it with this particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

Kinda sounds like they are his cats

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Don't AND them, not reliable - there was a lengthy discussion on this a month or so ago.

Lemme find a V20P book, I could sworn I saw it in there.

this particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I prefer 6mm, nice flat shooter good fer vermits.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Ok...never done it on Vista stuff... so..bear with me,,

*85 field is where you set the cross-zone timer *81 is where you set up the Zone List...it looks like List 4 is where you set the zones to be cross-zoned.

Read the *Install* Manual you should be able to figure it out from there.

this particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

....oh yeah...switch to my combat commander with hollow points or snake shot.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I'd use as an interior follower (4).

Interior with Delay should work too, what do you mean conflicting timers(?) [again I didn't read it all so you may know something I don't] you could set it to use second entry delay time too.

| >>I did a quick scan of the manual and didn't see any zone type that that | >>used 2 triggers to alarm, but my reading wasn't real complete. I suppose | >>I could put in 2 detectors in a NO loop to effectively AND the signals. | >>The downside is the on time of about 3 seconds would require the | >>detectee to move through both detectors at about the same time. Thanks | >>for the idea, I will look into using a small microprocessor to do what | >>you suggest to combine multiple sensors with a time window. | >>

| >> -Bill- | >>

| >>

| >>Crash Gordon® wrote: | >>

| >>>I believe the 20P can use cross-zoning, although I've never done it with this particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set. | >>>

| >>>

| >>>

| >>>>Another newbie question here. | >>>>

| >>>>House is a combo wired/wireless with an Ademco 20P panel. I have a | >>>>problem protecting the attached 2 car garage. The main garage door, the | >>>>door to the house and the back door are mag contact protected. The | >>>>problem is that we have cats and sometimes want to bypass the back door | >>>>to let them go in/out while away for a short time. Thus I need some sort | >>>>of "space" protection to pick up someone who may enter via the | >>>>bypassed/open back door. I first tried an Aurora PIR mounted just below | >>>>the open rafters. Unfortunately, with small cats, if they climb into the | >>>>rafters, they are close (and hot) enough to simulate a 40lb critter. I | >>>>pulled the Ademco and replaced it with a microwave/PIR combo unit. Much | >>>>better but still managed to false once. I guess I could be very careful | >>>>in locating the PIR and masking out the usual location that the cats | >>>>might be in, but I am hoping one of the pros can suggest a more | >>>>cat-proof volume protection sensor. | >>>>

| >>>> -Bill- | >>>

| >>>

| > | >

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Too risky. I'd use a wrist rocket and a sack of walnuts. Those bad boys make an "impression" on kitty, even if they miss. js

Reply to
alarman

Glasers. js

Reply to
alarman

why am i not overly surprised :-))))

| >

| > -Bill- | >

| >

| > Crash Gordon® wrote: | > > I prefer 6mm, nice flat shooter good fer vermits. | > >

| > >

| > >>Too big, a 148 grain HBWC in a 38 special and light powder would be a | > >>better choice. But then who would star on the CatCam? | > >>

| > >>

formatting link
| > >>

| > >> -Bill- | > >>

| > >>

| > >>Frank Olson wrote: | > >>

| > >>

| > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>>I am hoping one of the pros can suggest a more cat-proof volume | protection | > >>>>sensor. | > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>.357 hollow points. Best "cat volume protection" around... :-)) | > >>>

| > >>

| > >>>

| > >

| > >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Walnuts? Interesting idea.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Yeah. They're not exactly aerodynamic, but they hit like a bus. js

Reply to
alarman

Another newbie question here.

House is a combo wired/wireless with an Ademco 20P panel. I have a problem protecting the attached 2 car garage. The main garage door, the door to the house and the back door are mag contact protected. The problem is that we have cats and sometimes want to bypass the back door to let them go in/out while away for a short time. Thus I need some sort of "space" protection to pick up someone who may enter via the bypassed/open back door. I first tried an Aurora PIR mounted just below the open rafters. Unfortunately, with small cats, if they climb into the rafters, they are close (and hot) enough to simulate a 40lb critter. I pulled the Ademco and replaced it with a microwave/PIR combo unit. Much better but still managed to false once. I guess I could be very careful in locating the PIR and masking out the usual location that the cats might be in, but I am hoping one of the pros can suggest a more cat-proof volume protection sensor.

-Bill-

Reply to
Foo Bar

..357 hollow points. Best "cat volume protection" around... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi Crash;

I did a quick scan of the manual and didn't see any zone type that that used 2 triggers to alarm, but my reading wasn't real complete. I suppose I could put in 2 detectors in a NO loop to effectively AND the signals. The downside is the on time of about 3 seconds would require the detectee to move through both detectors at about the same time. Thanks for the idea, I will look into using a small microprocessor to do what you suggest to combine multiple sensors with a time window.

-Bill-

Crash Gord> I believe the 20P can use cross-zoning, although I've never done it with this

particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set.

Reply to
Foo Bar

Too big, a 148 grain HBWC in a 38 special and light powder would be a better choice. But then who would star on the CatCam?

formatting link
-Bill-

Frank Ols>

Reply to
Foo Bar

In the garage??????

-Bill-

Crash Gord> I prefer 6mm, nice flat shooter good fer vermits.

Reply to
Foo Bar

I know of a French idiot who used a .22 to rid his house of a mouse. Only problem was it took him 7 shots and it was in the kitchen.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Crash;

Thanks much for the fast reply. I had missed the cross-zone stuff since it was in the zone list, not zone type. One question comes up, I am adding 2 PIR/WW sensors (zones x and y) that will go into zone list 4 (cross zones) The manual indicates that the x and y zones must be type 3, 4 or 5 (perimeter burglary, interior follower or day trouble/nitght alarm) Since we go into the garage when the alarm is armed stay, modes 3 and 5 don't work as we would trigger the alarm. Mode 4 works, but would cause an instant alarm if armed away. Mode 10 (interior with delay) is my preferred mode but I don't know if it would work (problem with conflicting timers). Any suggestions?

Thanks;

-Bill-

Crash Gord> Ok...never done it on Vista stuff... so..bear with me,,

the zones to be cross-zoned.

particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative pir placement you're all set.

Reply to
Foo Bar

A rural friend tried to plug a raccoon in his house with a Glock/.40SW The coon survived, the repairs were, shall we say, costly.

Paul Ek> I know of a French idiot who used a .22 to rid his house of a mouse. Only

Reply to
Foo Bar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.