Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

RHC: Bosch make a beautiful dual tech motion which is very adjustable, with a reach of either 20 feet or 35 feet. I use it when animals approach 100 lbs, and it is precisely adjustable for the microwave "reach". However, this is designed for interior environments only, so not usable for this gentleman's situation

Paradox make an outdoor motion based on their DG75 pet immune motion. It works to -20 F but runs around $100 wholesale.

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

RHC: I am quite surprised that you would only get a couple of takeover requests a year. Perhaps this indicates something very different about the business environment you work in versus ours up here. I can't imagine what it would be, but I do know that most good companies here do loads of takeovers. Perhaps it has to do with no licensing here in Ontario, or perhaps the number of unskilled, untrained companies working on alarm installations leaves loads of marginally functional systems out in the market. When they fail, and these companies can't fix them properly, or service them properly, the owners go looking for someone who can.????

I really don't know, but it likely makes it more important in my environment to review the systems carefully before taking them on.....

Reply to
tourman

The CK-DT450TC has an adjustable microwave range and IIRC correctly there was a jumper to select a µwave band to eliminate interference between up to 3 detectors.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I don't actively look for takeovers so they just might be out there. Another thing is .... I think my market is more diversified than yours. I do CCTV, computer network wiring, CATV wiring, Structured wiring, whole house audio, Home theater from simple TV mounts to setup all the way through to a full blown home theater. ( not including the ultra hi end construction jobs) Front and rear TV projection, auto drop screens and blinds and home automated lighting. Just about anything that's a gadget that someone wants ..... I'll take it on. I think that all stems from the fact that I've been doing alarms for so many years that I need more of a challange, so I don't mind spending extra time to learn how to do something that I've never done before. Sometimes I don't make much per hour but the value of having the opportunity to learn how to do something that someone else doesn't know how to do .... makes it worth it on the next job. Also, remember, I don't advertise nor do I have a listed telephone number any more. So the only source of business is my customer base. I'd like to think that there aren't too many of my customers who can't figure out what all this "free" alarm crap is about. As I've said so many times, I just never considered those people who can't figure it out, as being my customers to begin with.

Reply to
Jim

Update: I ended-up building my own keypad and wiring it to the KEP-1 control box via a 7-conductor cable. I found a 3x4 matrix keypad online, and created a mounting box for it. The keypad is supposed to be weatherproof, but the box I made uses an outdoor outlet cover, so it should be doubly protected from the elements. So now I've got something that meets my original requirements, even if I did have to create half of it to get there. :)

Reply to
George

Good job!

Reply to
Jim

LOL.... I love McGyver stuff.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.