Galaxy 60 code needed ...

Hi all. My daughter recently moved into a house that was fitted with a Galaxy system - I think it's a model 60. Unfortunately, when her husband fitted some new laminate flooring, bless 'im, he managed to put a pin through a cable that ran around the edge of the room to the patio door sensor. It broke one of the cores in the cable, which the system immediately saw as a 'tamper' condition. Today, I went round there, and repaired the cable, so everything is stable again, but the control panel says that it needs a "manager reset". Unfortunately, the instructions that the previous owner of the house left them, is only a user guide (even though he said that he installed it himself), so does not contain any info as to what the manager code is. They have not so far been able to get hold of him to see if he knows, so does anyone here have any suggestions as to what the code might be (default one or engineer bypass perhaps) or any other suggestions as to what they could do to restore normal operation.

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily
Loading thread data ...

Galaxy systems have levels of codes that are needed to perform certain things.

Tamper alarms are defaulted to level 7 - and this is the engineer code. But because yours is saying Manager reset, this is the code that the person would have programmed as being level 3 to 6.

Without the manager code or the engineer code, you would need to perform a cold start. This is done by opening the end panel, and killing the power from the battery and mains, and releasing a jumper. But this clears all the programming.

If you need a hand email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk

Reply to
SantaUK

If he installed it himself he might have left the eng code as default? Try 112233

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi Paul

Thanks for that. Will getting into engineer mode help with it requiring a "Manager Reset" ? The guy above in this thread has given me some helpful advice that suggests that it gets a bit complicated when this is required. I will note that default engineer code anyway, for future reference if nothing else. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. All input appreciated.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

But if the engineer code works, in the menu, there is an option to reset the manager passowrd.. Oh, Paul forgot to mention about the engineer code. If it works, it will go into tamper alarm straight away, you need to enter it again. That stops it. To come out. Key the engineer code in and press ESC - should say Checking For Tampers

Reply to
SantaUK

OK, thanks for that. I sent a mail direct to you also, as you suggested. Gives a bit more background. Your efforts to pull me out of the mire on this one, appreciated. I'll let you know whether I can get it into engineer mode.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks for responses. I am now being helped direct by Santa, so no further ones needed here. Thanks again all.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Ho Ho Ho - And good will to all men women and children ;-))

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.