FYI: CCTV supplier "unixcctv.com"- good prices, almost too good to be true

I got this in email today. I have not done any business with the company yet, but with these prices I'm going to check it out further.

The actual website won't give any prices until you sign up for a dealer account, but here is the email they sent me with some sample prices. The cost of flat-screen mounts is exceptionally low. The 3 cams on one coax "compressor" is a deal too (provided it works as advertised). There is a

700 TVL 2.8~12mm varifocal, Auto-Iris, w/IR's and cut filter (DC 12V - AC 24V) for only $65 !!

I have no relationship whatsoever with this company. The information is provided as a "FYI" only. I would appreciate any comments from people that have done business with them though. Thanks.

(email was copied into my HTML editor and uploaded to my own site)

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

I have used this company for years, I use them for almost all my CCTV equipment. Products for the most part work as advertised Tech support is limited, but for the most part its not needed. They replace failed or unused equipment with out any problems. Cheap video baluns work as well as the more expensive name brand baluns (in my opinion) I have used about 50 or 60 of the 9000 series capture cards and recently have used about a dozen of the Prestige stand alone DVR's. Like most companies the advertised range of IR products is somewhat on the optimistic side. I haven't used the compressor so I can't comment on that. I have used hundreds of their cameras with a very low almost non exisitent failure rate. Currently I use the BX-614WDR and the CP-164 for box cameras and the DT-604V & DT-614V vandal resistant domes.I also use on occasion the eyeball IR domes. I don't use the outdoor housings they show on their website. but they have a clamshell housing HO606 with a pass through bracket which is much better. I mostly pick up from their Commerce location, but on a few occasions when I have been working out of town, I have had them ship product directly to the job site and they have shipped it promptly. I'm pretty sure they sell to anyone who walks through the door (which seems to irritate some people), since the recently relocated Los Angeles location is set up like a retail electronics store, the main warehouse in Commerce is large & well stocked.

I like them, but I know several people who hate them and won't do business with them anymore, partly I think due to attitudes(on both sides) and apparent retail sales to the public, also I think expectations may be too high, If you buy from them you are buying a low cost product, don't expect a hold my hand and kiss my arse Rolls Royce service.

If you know what you want and don't need much guidance in choosing products which I'm sure you don't then I would say to try them out.

Doug

"G. Morgan" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net...

Reply to
doug

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:47:11 AM UTC-4, doug wrote:

ipment. Products for the most part work as advertised Tech support is limit ed, but for the most part its not needed. They replace failed or unused equ ipment with out any problems. Cheap video baluns work as well as the more e xpensive name brand baluns (in my opinion) I have used about 50 or 60 of th e 9000 series capture cards and recently have used about a dozen of the Pre stige stand alone DVR's. Like most companies the advertised range of IR pro ducts is somewhat on the optimistic side. I haven't used the compressor so I can't comment on that. I have used hundreds of their cameras with a very low almost non exisitent failure rate. Currently I use the BX-614WDR and th e CP-164 for box cameras and the DT-604V & DT-614V vandal resistant domes.I also use on occasion the eyeball IR domes. I don't use the outdoor housing s they show on their website. but they have a clamshell housing HO606 with a pass through bracket which is much better. I mostly pick up from their Co mmerce location, but on a few occasions when I have been working out of tow n, I have had them ship product directly to the job site and they have ship ped it promptly. I'm pretty sure they sell to anyone who walks through the door (which seems to irritate some people), since the recently relocated Lo s Angeles location is set up like a retail electronics store, the main ware house in Commerce is large & well stocked. I like them, but I know several people who hate them and won't do business with them anymore, partly I thin k due to attitudes(on both sides) and apparent retail sales to the public, also I think expectations may be too high, If you buy from them you are buy ing a low cost product, don't expect a hold my hand and kiss my arse Rolls Royce service. If you know what you want and don't need much guidance in ch oosing products which I'm sure you don't then I would say to try them out. Doug

Good review Doug. I've got a branch near me. I'll give them a try sometime .

Thanks Graham.

Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the detailed review. I will definitely head over there now, they have a Houston branch which is always nice for quick returns/replacements/zero cost shipping.

Reply to
G. Morgan

YW.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I used one of their compressors today, the 2 cam on one co-ax version. Added a camera at the end of an existing 500 foot run. It worked well, I couldn't tell the difference in image quality. Don't know if the 3 camera version will work as well.

Doug

Reply to
doug

Thanks for the review.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.