FREE Giveaway from buy2gig.com

FREE Prizes for your guess at how Many DW-10's are in the Picture

formatting link

Reply to
michaelferer
Loading thread data ...

Hey Michal, in the off chance you are a tech as well as a salesman - I have been told that 2gig is compatible with DSC wireless. In programming the Honeywell stuff comes up by name, but I am a little in the dark in regards as to how to program the DSC, if possible.

Any enlightenment?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Joe,

Perhaps this is the missing link you're looking for?

formatting link

I've only used one for existing DSC wireless sensors onto a new Lynx Touch panel (gotta love sub-contractor work), but it worked well for the installation.

As 2gig is basically a spinoff of honeywell, this is why they're compatible. However, DSC runs on 433 Mhz while 2gig runs on 345 Mhz, so I don't see them being compatible out of the box.

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

You can use a Translator the listens to DSC frequency and Talks On Honeywell frequency (2gig) it is from Resolution Products and it is a RE224DH

formatting link

Reply to
Michael Ferer

Or I can get stuff that actually works...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

ywell frequency

tionproducts.

I really get a kick out of the newbie armatures that come here advertising the products that they've been brainwashed by the manufacturers into thinki ng they're actually good products. Or ....... come to think of it ...... ma ybe they aren't brainwashed.

They may actually know that they're not reliable and just don't care. Just so long as the DIY'er .... can be roped into THINKING it's a good product .... and they buy it.

After all, if it's on the Internet ..... and in an alarm discussion group . ..it must be true.

To anyone reading this .... you will note that not one of the regulars in t his newsgroup that is comprised of people with a combined experience of abo ut 150 years in this trade is actually endorsing anything that Michael Fere r is saying. We all realize that he is here simply to sell something and is not necessarily unbiased about what he is saying. You will notice that ver y few if any others blatantly advertise their services.

.... In other words, he's got an agenda and it's not simply to help people.

Reply to
Jim

BUY MY STUFF.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Stuff your stuff.

Reply to
Jim

advertising the products that they've been brainwashed by the manufacturers into thinking they're actually good products. Or ....... come to think of it ...... maybe they aren't brainwashed.

He's not a newbie. He was spamming his wares many years ago here.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hi,

You can use resolution products for DSC, Honeywell, and GE in my experience. When the salesmen are feeling safe, sure, and satiated, and the pricing is up there on parts, you can purchase Resolution products for the panel type that you are using at a lower price. So if you've got a bunch of wireless to do, it can be substantial savings.Yes, this is from experience. I have never yet used any translators though. Well, yes once, that was in Mexico in '89. To the salesman advertising his wares: Have you never gone to buy a new or used cars and wished that the salesman just acted like real folks instead of the slick look and oily swave manners?... Maybe you could think on that and approach the subject in a more subtle manner next time...something to think about. If you really want to help people out, help them out without the tracking links and income padding.

As for 2GIG panels and any panel that is self-contained---a grave security risk. If I was trying to get into your house or place of work, it would be a breeze to defeat those systems. No, I will not tell anyone publicly how, less some louse uses the info to defeat someone's system.

Reply to
E DAWSON

It is not, it is compatible with 2GIG and Honeywell sensors

Reply to
mleuck

Both Resolution Products and 2GIG stuff Work fine for me, not an ideal solution in many cases but it does work

Reply to
mleuck

I don't approve of his spamming but we monitor 100,000+ 2GIG panels and they work fine

The people who designed it and the company who manufactured it have been in the business as long or longer than anyone here

Reply to
mleuck

Depends if they have an Alarm.com cell unit installed

Reply to
mleuck

Ion Plunger Switch - they make both DSC and 2gig versions.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

No DSC and Honeywell, they will work with 2GIG using Honeywell compatibility but are not native 2GIG sensors

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.