For Robert

Good question.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

You refuse to divulge your personal history but demand mine. Sounds like you're the child.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

So quit already!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Interesting how you've chosen to respond to this *one* question from a field of a dozen... Leuck's got you "pegged" alright!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Robert, my brotha. You know "The Testimony" is all true and was written by you. ||| ||| | |

"The Testimony" by Robert L. Bass

I thought you might be interested to know that one of your competitors, Robert L Bass (me) of Bass Home Electronics, is also a born again Christian. I saw your post in the news group and decided to visit your site to see what you sell.

Actually, I was intending to check your prices since a prospective client had told me you charge less than I do on a couple of items. I wondered about the reason your company's name is "Alpha & Omega," since it is one of the names of God. Boy was I happy to find out!

I read your testimony and was glad to hear of the change Jesus has made in your life. I, too, have had a drastic turn-around in my life after meeting Jesus Christ.

In brief, I grew up in a loving home with good, honest parents. But I was always the rebel. I fought constantly with my brothers and sisters, the kids in school and most of all with any form of authority. By the end of seventh grade my parents could no longer control me. They sent me to a private school for troubled youth in New Hampshire. It cost all they had to ty to help me.

Soon I got into a fight and stabbed a classmate. I was 13 years old then. I spent the next four and a half years locked up, all the while building a rage inside me against everyone around me.

At age 17 I was released and came home to live with my family. In a few months I dropped out of the school my parents had enrolled me in, moved to Grenwich Village in New York City and joined the "hippy" scene. That was

1969. I spent the next 10 years on drugs, wandering around the country, in and out of jails on many felony charges.

I wrecked several cars, destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to help me and caused the death of an innocent woman in a car wreck in Missouri. Still I had no clue how to change my life.

In Florida my road to destruction finally came to the brink. Convicted of multiple felonies and facing many years in prison, I was about to go right down the drain forever. With the "winning" personality I had developed, I got in some fights in the jail as I awaited the sentence. I was charged as a "Habitual Felon" and faced 35 years to life. It was finally over...

And then God did a miracle. He sent a man into the jail all the way up to the solitary block where I was being kept due to fighting. This man brought the message that someone still cared about me. That there is a God and that He really loves me -- just as I am.

That night I got down and prayed an honest prayer of repentance for the first time in my life. I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life and to enable me to deal with the terrible prison sentence I was expecting. I didn't dare dream of ever being set free. I was certain I would not live 35 years in the Florida prison system. Too many other convicts hated me and wanted to see me dead.

But God had a plan for my life. A glorious plan of redemption, freedom and joy in the Holy Spirit! Three months later the judge allowed me to go to a Christian drug treatment facility in Hartford, CT. There I spent nearly two years, first as a student in the program and later as a volunteer staff member helping others learn to follow Jesus as I had.

Well it's been 18 years since I was set free from prison and 18 years since I was set free from the bonds of death and destruction that I had wrapped around my life. God has never failed me. Jesus has given me two wonderful children and a lovely wife. In fact, both of my boys have been called into missions. Praise God!

And just to show the world that Jesus can and does really change lives completely... He has given me a burglar alarm business. I was a thief and a con man. But Jesus has enabled me to protect the homes, lives and businesses of over a thousand people in Connecticut. And now He is helping me build a national security business over the Internet.

Sometimes I think God really has a great sense of humor, too. You see, some of the people whose homes I protect are judges, police officers and attorneys. Several good friends of mine are state police officers. Even a federal judge has entrusted me with his safety. I have key safes with about

300 keys to homes and businesses and God knows he had made me into a man who wouldn't even think of abusing that trust. Isn't He wonderful?

I will encourage you to never stop seeking Him. Keep sharing your testimony with anyone who will listen, my friend. And as God gives you opportunities to speak for His glory, you go right on and obey Him.

In His Service,

RLBass

/===================================\\ | Robert L Bass | | Bass Home Electronics | | 80 Bentwood Road | | West Hartford, CT 06107 | | (860) 561-2020 voice | | (860) 521-2143 fax | | snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com | |

formatting link
| | CT State License: 00106011 | \\===================================/

Reply to
Satan

Awww!!! ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

You are laughable Robert.....go read the above again. You responded to a post by me. Olson only reposted it for you.You fluster so easily.

Let take a poll...Does anyone else out there believe that posting to RBL is all lies?

You constantly are accusing people of "relaying" information about you that you say is all bogus. **Relay** the act of passing along. What don't you understand about this?

the facts. I did some stupid things of which I am not at all

I am quite happy with my life. Did well in school, raised two sons that are both doing well, sold a construction business, built a national security company which was sold and presently have three other businesses, considered a leader in the industry, voted "Most Valuable Person in the Industy" in

2001....anything else you would like to know?

I can only go by what has been posted here, but the question is, was this a receiver in your home? Or, did you have a real CS? A simple yes or no will do.

**Small** modestly successfull...**Countless** others.....How does that calculate?

And recently, intering into expressed or implied contracts (this is addressed later in the post)

It is the **nonsense**, as you put it, that everyone keeps bringing up, yet you don't challange it even when given the opportunity. Appearance weighs alot in everyones mind.

Pot, kettle, black

The statements that have been made about you on this NG where not the reason for the complaint against you and you know it.

I showed

If you say so, but still had absolutely nothing to do with the complaint investigation.

But not off the radar

What have you received saying so?

Care to

Wasn't playing to begin with. Having **knowledge of** doesn't make a player.

No different than you calling people idiots, morons, going RL on people, etc. I have never belittled or tried to hurt people like you have, Robert. I have said before that you are awfully thin skinned.

You behave like a schoolyard

haven't called anyone a "punk" either....

Are you saying that I have no integrity because I didn't come to your defense on something that I didn't initiate?

Then you try to

What else is on this NG that deals with RBL. Entertainment and much of it is hilarious. I am sorry if you feel differently, but I call it as I see it.

OK

OK

I have never said that.

I have never said that.

[insert

What?

Yet I'm still here and my business is

Anyone can claim that about their business. Where is this **honor** documented?

OK

Along with others, through the years, I have been instrumental in writing and rewriting it, I believe I know it quiet well, thank you.

Not completely or you would understand more about it. To prove your vast knowledge on the subject, please answer this question, "How many chapters and what Statutes and Codes do the alarm contracting laws cover?", in the State of Florida.

It's really quite clear on that. Read the

I know what it says and I know where the SA office differs on their interpetation and what the initial intent was.

I know what they say.

After

You obviously don't understand the legislative process posting things like this

only facts.

-- come back and

BAAAHAAAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Only one?

If you ever read (and

Is it really? If you think there is only one Statute then your position is the one that is absurd. Interpet this part of one of the Statutes and then tell me if my statement is absurd. "Contracting" means, except where exempted in this part, (which is your online sales) engages in business as a contractor performing alarm work for

**compensation** and includes, but is not limited to, performance of any of the acts found in subsections 2 and 12 which define the services **offered**, negotiation for a bid of, or **attempted sale** of these services requires the corresponding licensure. Section 12 states: The term means any person, firm, corporation that under an **express or implied contract**; or that undertakes, **offers to undertake**, **purports to have the capacity to undertake** or submits a bid to engage in the business of electrical or alarm contracting; or that does itself or by or **through others** engage in the business of electrical or alarm contracting.

Neither. See there Robert, one word answers are easy.

Flaw, leaving to much up to interpetation, that is being corrected.

You may wish it were

To your investigation, maybe, and that is what was in disagreement at the SA office.

Laws change each year. What you read several years ago may not be the same as today.

A state

Oh really, that must be why I am being paid to give classes to the DBPR investigators around the state.

It is not his decision.

You would think so.

That is because they are capitalize in all publications when referenced.

You have your assertions to back

Thank you

For now, until you get cross wise with another licensed contractor who feels compelled to file another complaint. By that time, you may have found out that is better to stay within your exemption than wander out into regulated areas.

Check the third line up....

Your involvement was limited to

Consultation? I don't know about consultation. Was I in some conversation, yes. I told you already that I knew about it prior to your investigation. I don't hide that fact. By the way, there was only one that made a complaint.

Oh really, that is why they were looking for your wife's name and questioning another home in the area owned by someone named Bass and wondering about Homestead exemptions being filed on both. That didn't come from anyone in ASA.

That I was wrong? Wrong about what? I didn't file the complaint. I didn't even see the complaint. I am not even sure if the complaint was worded properly so the investigators knew what they were looking for. Care to post the complaint. Was it that you were speeding in a red car and you showed the investigator that you only drive a blue car. Doesn't make you **innocent** of speeding. Who knows what they were sent there to investigate. I know what the complaintants intent was but not what the complaint actually said.

Picky, Picky (innocent) Better?

Obviously, because you didn't have to address your actions. Goes back to your friends considering you extremely lucky.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I didn't know that you'd been altered.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually, in this case, while there is a comma missing, (perhaps you could loan him one of the ones I sent you) it doesn't give the sentence that particular connotation.

BTW, you haven't mentioned it, but have you realized that you initially mistook me for someone else?

Reply to
Joe

That's understandable, considering you use multiple aliases.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This is very interesting.

Who do you think I am?

I have posted under this name and >>BTW, you haven't mentioned it, but have you realized

Reply to
Joe

Excuse me... under a previous newsreader I appeared as JoeRaisin.... perhaps I should go back to that.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Robert (whom often fails to read headers) thinks you're also "joe", "Joe 3", and "Joe 2"... I'd suggest changing your nick to "Joseph", but that would only add another "Joe" to the mix... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Pehaps you could go a little further back ..... to JoeGrape.

Reply to
Jim

No thanks... it was hard enough drying out the first time...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Bob, please check your private e mail for something I think you would be interested in.

Thanks

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

If you learned to use the potty you wouldn't have that problem.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And... from the tense of my statement, yours should have been: "If you learned to use the potty you wouldn't have *had* that problem."

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Nope. Will you get mad if I correct your spelling? It's "grammar".

I don't and I'm not.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oops, my mistake.

Thanks.

But you did get awfully testy when I made that light-hearted jibe.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.