For Petem -- Spy Pen video demo

It's pretty impressive video and audio for a $30 DVR w/8GB of storage !!

These would be great gifts to hand out to clients with your company name and logo on it.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

BTW -- about 45 seconds in the video there is a shot of a big-ass bicycle lock. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove it? It has a giant Master padlock. Id like to keep the cable, it's about 5/8" thick steel braided and would be nice to have around.

And no, I'm not going to shoot the lock off. Already thought of that!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks for the video... Pretty cool stuff.. was about to barf ;-) but it cool to see what it can do..

I won one on ebay today for 20$ canadian (almost the same as US$ now) with free shipping from Hong Kong...

Not sure that is a good idea to give those pen to your customer..They could film you in a bad situation when installing.. and then your doomed, its all over youtube ;-)

About the lock.. 2 way to open it:

A good metal saw with some elbow grease.. (the grease that they show on the tv spot before this Old house on PBS ;-)

or map soldering kit.. this will melt the lock and you will keep the cable

Reply to
Petem

You need to use a grinder with a metal abrasive cut off wheel works every time., its how my mini storage customer opens units when people do not pay there rental fee's

Reply to
nick markowitz

You can look up how to defeat a Master Lock on Google, it's a fairly easy process

Reply to
mleuck

I haven't been paying attention to this thread. If you're talking about a Master Padlock -- those are the easiest ones in the workd to pick. I can open one with a simple rake and tension bar in about 5 seconds. Here's one example of the simple, inexpensive kits commonly used to open these inexpensive locks:

formatting link
However, Master padlocks can actually be opened with a couple of carefully bent paper clips, saving $10 the pick kit costs. I say that because frankly, I don't care if anyone buys the kit.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I found a grinder at Big Lots for $20 today. Came with the wheel and all.

Here is my handy work:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Seriously it came with the wheel?

Reply to
mleuck

Nice Job!! LOL

Reply to
petem

Yeah! Can you believe it? :)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Why, thank you. I may have missed my calling. I could have been a professional lock cutter off'er.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yep. But then you'd have to try and source a buffer wheel for those days that there are no locks to cut off and you have to resort to shining shoes. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.