first alert for compass 2

any one know if first alert personalty disk which worked on compass 1 will work on compass2 and unlock compass 2 for first alert panels

Reply to
NickMark
Loading thread data ...

Works for me.

Reply to
adam.s.kinder

Thanks tried and it worked now i just wish they supported more of the older panels in compass 2 i still have running like XL4 and omni panels otherwise have to keep two computers one with 1 and one with 2 running

Reply to
NickMark

There is a way to run multiple versions of Compass on the same machine. I can elborate if you like.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How are you doing both on same computer?

Reply to
NickMark

It is easy. You can have have many versions on the same PC.

Directory Samples:

CompassHW for Honeywell version CompassFA for First Alert version CompassCA for Canadian version CompassADT for ADT version

When you install each version, select the directory from the above list. The download.ini file will then write the correct directory paths.

Now, create a batch file for each version:

CompassHW.bat CompassFA.bat CompassCA.bat CompassADT.bat

Now for sample commands for CompassHW.bat

Echo off cls delete C:/Windows/download.ini copy C:/CompassHW/download.ini C:/windows/ compass.exe

You must create this sample batch file each version. Copy these batch files in their respective directories.

Now you must delete or edit the default icons to point to each batch file.

That's it.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.