First Alert FA215 - how to replace the battery?

This home alarm keypad seems to need a new battery. We had a "low battery" alert today. It looks like we lost the manuals.

I don't want to break the thing trying to figure out how to open it. If you know how to replace the battery in this device, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
skarkada
Loading thread data ...

The FA215 is a keypad model number. The main control panel should be located in a hall or bedroom closet. I am sure you will need a 12 volt, 4 AH lead acid battery. Most ACE Hardware stores carry it.

Jim Rojas

Hello snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com,

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The keypad doesn't have a battery in it. Instead, find the master control panel (metal cabinet attached to the wall somewhere) and open it. Inside is a large, rechargeable battery. It's either a 12 Volt 4 AmpHour or 12 Volt 7 AmpHour model. Either one will work but a 7 AH unit will last longer during a power outage. They're both inexpensive, retailing online or locally for about $15-20.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

Is it reasonable for this battery to die within three and half years?

I don't recall replacing any such battery in our old house and we stayed there for 6 years.

Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
skarkada

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com inspired greatness with:

Yes. It's probably a cheap battery. The max lifetime I get from a brand name batt. is 4-7 years.

Reply to
Cam-man

Yes. The last anywhere from 3 to 5 years. Occasionally one will ast longer but most don't.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
3-5 if you're lucky
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.