First Alert FA1220C

Client of mine is moving into a beach house that has a First Alert FA1220C. Anyone know what the equivalent Ademco panel that is? ( I'm not too familiar with either of their products)

Is it a propritary panel? That is ... can it be programed to call my central station if I have the installers programing code? ( I haven't called the other alarm company yet to see if they'll give it to me) Can it be defaulted? Can I get tech information if I'm not a First Alert dealer? Is there a First Alert division and tech support or is it just a standard Ademco panel that's private labled?

TIA

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

It is equivalent to vista 20P you can program it to your central station and programming is basically the same unless it is a Guardian Protection panel which has all kind of extra lock outs

Reply to
nick markowitz

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Jim

No it is a Vista-40 clone, totally different animal as far as programming. Slight chance it may not work with standard Ademco keypads but otherwise not proprietary

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks anyway .... but I contacted the installing company and since the system hasn't been on line for over 5 years, they said that they discard the files and don't keep track of the installers code. ( hard to believe ... but)

So ..... as it turns out I can get a Napco 1632 in there and not have to deal with an Ademco product.

Reply to
Jim

Even if you stuck with the Ademco panel it isn't hard to get around the unknown installer code, the only way to lock those panels out is to do it with a downloader

Reply to
mleuck

Well, I[m going to give it a try but when I first contacted the alarm company they said they could download the panel and default the CS info. But when I told them that it hadn't been monitored for over 5 years, thats when they said that they destroy the files. I can't imagine that they couldn't download it if they really wanted to but ..... .... say Levy. ( why do people always say ..... say Levy? I could never figure out why I should ...say Levy. Maybe it's a Yiddish saying)

Reply to
Jim

If all you are doing is changing the account and phone number I wouldn't bother with the old company as that part of programming is fairly easy.

As far as them locking out the system with a download I've only seen that done maybe twice in 20 years so I would bet it's not locked

Reply to
mleuck

OK, I'll give it a try.

It's a pretty big company so I just thought they'd have the capability of doing it as compared to a smaller company.

I have to get a set of installation and programing instructions but if I remember right it just requires pressing *99 after power up .... right?

Reply to
Jim

e:

Umm no that won't do anything on power up, you use that to exit programming

Reply to
mleuck

ote:

t is? =A0( I'm

=A0( I haven't

Well ..... whatever. I'll have to get a set of instructions in order to reprogram it anyway.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.