First Alert Fa 148c programming

FA147C - proprietary board for Guardian/Pittsburgh. Defaults to their CS and download #'s, also dialer is more robust in some way, as the 147C will dial an extension on my PBX (Executone IDS) where a 20P will not break dial tone consistently - no clue why but verified by installing two different

20P's in the can where the 147C was happy. Guardian no longer uses the 147C, a 6 zone residential panel (similar to the Vista 15), but has switched to the FA168C (a proprietary 20P), which will also dial an extension on my PBX. As will the FA1600C, I've got 6 of those as well.

The dialer thing drove me crazy a couple of years ago, but I am resigned to buying FA boards or kits from Guardian, and choking when I see what they list for at ADI. At least it is company money, not mine!

Rick

Reply to
ranger
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for the info, I always wondered about that panel and Honeywell wouldn't tell me

cross-references

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.