First Alert Fa 148c programming

I have a customer who moved into a house with this panel. I assume I have to buy a programming keypad or compass software for First Alert. Anybody have one of these for sale?

Reply to
Paul Brewington
Loading thread data ...

You can use an old 6139, or the new(er) 6160. There's no real need for Compass...and I believe you'd need not only Compass but the FA patch too...which may be hard to finagle if you're not in the biz.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Did you hook the battery back up correctly when you re-installed it? Red- to red black to black, make sure the connections are solid.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

I've never seen that msg displayed anywhere. The 148 is the same as a Vista

15...the 6139 will program it. Did you have the keypad addressed correctly and programmed in the panel at *190, 191 etc?

| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I believe It was a FA 148 C. I will double check later today.

I set the 6139 to adress 16 and 31. Neither one worked. The existing kp was disconnected for the testing. The Ademco Tech told me it was a vista 10 se.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

You need to use the FA250 keypad.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Sorry, I meant the FA560.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Try keypad address 8, then try 0.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle
142c or 145c is a 10se, pretty sure the 148c is a straight 15.

| >

| >| >

| >| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you try an Ademco 6150 on a FA1600C it says "incompat console" and does a fast beep. And won't work.

Rick

Reply to
ranger

thanks, never knew that...coulda sworn I'd used ademco keypads on FAs before.

| >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Will FAs keypads work on Ademco panels? If so, maybe someone changed out the FA board to an Ademco board, leaving it in the same can, at one point to get the account. Crazier things have happened.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Could be...stranger things have happened. One time we were trying to program an Ademco panel (sorry, can't remember which model), we where having a hell of a time, there seemed to be missing or extra programming addresses that didn't match up with the programming sheet (new out of box panel mind you)...turns out we had a pre-release version of something we should not have had. Killed my entire day.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Most will work, some won't. There's a cross-compatibility list floating around on the web somewhere...

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

An Ademco 6150 will work on FA 147C and FA 168C, as will the Ademco 6128 and its replacement, whatever that # is, I forget.

I do notice a lot of my FA 560's develop display problems like dark shadows at the top - but who knows what happens to them to cause it. Funny how keypads I mount at 8 feet for door status never go bad.... The kp's I use for 1/2 hour night shift check-ins are wearing out after 5 years average. Perfect app for a reader, but I am stuck with kp's in 50+ bldgs that generate over 1700 events every 24 hrs. Job security!

Rick

Reply to
ranger

Yea it will do that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Several First Alert panels will do just that, the 148C, 160C and a couple of others that I know of

Reply to
Mark Leuck

8?
Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm sure you have although not on these specific systems, some FA panels require FA keypads and some don't

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If you don't mind me asking what was the 147C made for? I've heard that model number but not who used it or roughly what panel it cross-references to

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.