first alert 1600C revision 4

I am adding some devices and user codes as well as adding a couple of partitions to an existing to an existing FA1600C that has revision 4. i tried to connect via the compass 2.0 software with no success. it seems that the patch has revision 1,2,6,7,8, and 9 but no 3,4,and 5. i am willing to buy the old revision of compass if that is what it will take . any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
juaqman
Loading thread data ...

You need a copy of the First alert personality disk provided to first alert dealers to program this panel thru compass 2 nothing else will work and they will not give copy to non first alert dealers

Reply to
NickMark

He has that but for some reason it doesn't not show those particular revisions of that panel. I checked and confirmed it doesn't which is strange

He'll need the old version of Compass I imagine

Reply to
mleuck

There is always hand programming.

When I first started, my lead tech made me hand program the first three

1600's I did (generally a week or two apart - most installs at that time were the FA162).

He said that way I would appreciate my laptop more and take better care of it.

He was right... after I did my first one with Compass I NEVER wanted to hand program again...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.