Fire Panel Search

Hello all,

Any one here know or have any info on a 4 Zone Panel that would have the name on the door of "AUTH". The panel label gives a vintage of 1985. I am trying to determine a Smoke Detector Compatibility for the panel. Personally never heard of the name before and was hoping someone here may have to point me to a web site if possible.

When I google the name "AUTH" I get the abbreviation for "Authority".

Were they bought out by somebody or just gave up the ghost??

Any hints or thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

What type of smokes are we talking about? With 2 wire I can see your point. But if its 4 wire, anything in the panel's voltage range will work. If I remember, back in 1985 most of those small 4 zone panels used 4 wire smokes.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim,

Thanks for the response. Sorry I forgot to add that it is a 2 wire smoke panel. It appears that the original smokes were ionization. "Somebody" in the past had installed 2 each of what look like older ESL 429C detectors.

Thanks again.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Post a picture of the main board.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I made a quick trip back to the site and now have some additional information. I neglected to take down this info before.

The on the panel label is the following.

The Auth Co. sub of Mobex Corp.

505 Acorn St. Deer Park, NY 11729 Model #100

After doing some googling I found some references to a FIRECOM, Inc.

Anybody with any insight or thoughts.

TIA

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Hmmm. I remember Auth making apartment house lobby intercoms back in the late 70's early 80's.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Auth Electric was a very old manufacturer of various systems -- nurse call, intercom, chimes, fire panels, and other stuff. The company was sold several times, and at some point they got out of the fire panel business. Unless you can find someone with an old manual, like maybe an old fire alarm equipment distributor, you've probably got an orphan on your hands. Might be time to consider an upgrade, as spare parts will be difficult or impossible to find as well.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

badenov

Thanks for the input. I kinda had an idea that was going to be the outcome of my search. I agree that an upgrade is in order. However the apartment owner seems to have other ideas like Band-Aids, bubblegum, spit and such. I may need to walk early on this one before I lose more than a couple of batteries and 2 hours of time.

Thanks again.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

check on System Sensors

formatting link
site they have a compatability list which is pretty big.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Thanks Nick,

That put a whole new light on things. I did not know System Sensor did that. I think I found what I need. Excellent tip.

Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Gotta be an ancient system...I remember Auth going bye bye in the early 80's IIRC.

| > - badenov | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Auth manufactured nurse call systems and some fire alarm.

I remember a small package panel, 1 zone expandable to 4 which we saw quite a lot of. It was a fully featured panel, unusual for a 4 zone model.

Auth also private labeled certain Mirtone panels, for instance the Mirtone

790, with their own name and a beige colored cabinet but otherwise no differences.

Try this link:

formatting link
but I would NOT expect them to have parts for fire alarm stuff from the 80's.

Mike B.

Reply to
Just Some Guy

Thanks Mike,

At this point I am not looking for parts and if the panel needed something I would not consider looking. What I needed was a compatibility chart for 2 wire smokes. Nick was nice enough to point out that System Sensor has one and I think I have it now.

Thanks again.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.