FBII OMNI 400/600 question

Recently i install an FBII Omni 400. I try to boot the panel without ac, only with the battery, but nothing happens... Is that correct?! It only wakes up with ac? We dont have untill now ac power cause its a new building. I measure 12.8 V on battery and when i connect the battery leads i read on the panel terminals 2.7 V... Without any power connection even for the pirs or the keypad...

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

disconnect the battery, attach the AC, then reconnect the battery.

2.7 v won't run the panel, sounds like you ran the batt down...give it a few hours to recharge. how long have you been running it on batt only?
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Many panels need A/C first then battery.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Check the battery fuse or fusable link. If I read this correctly you have a battery that reads 12.8V Check the battery fuse or fusable link, but when you connect to the panel the aux output only reads 2.7V. Actually that sounds more like a something else is wrong. The voltage would not be that high with a blown fuse. Might get a transient voltage of 2.7mV

Are you by any chance using an auto ranging meter?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I didn't run it at all! From the first second that i attach the battery leads the voltage drops down to 2.7

Ï "Crash Gordon" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:462c3587$0$490$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...
Reply to
Proguard Security

Powered up with AC and battery connected and then remove the AC keep the battery connected at your workbench. that way it will work wait for 2 minutes in powered state

Regards, Neo

Reply to
Neo

----------------

This is a battery protection circuit. You can bypass it by temporarily putting a jumper wire between battery negative and aux power negative. This will allow the panel to power up and run without AC. After it starts, remove the jumper and it will run until the battery gets to low to operate the system. Then it will shut down again. This prevents the battery from being deep-discharged.

Another great source for updates and new information is a toolbar that gives you instant access to Honeywell's MyWebTech. You can download visit the download page at

formatting link
download it directly using the following URL link,
formatting link
Hope this helps you out. By the way, this same trick works on the newer vista p panels as well.

Reply to
Security Alarm Man

whats the password?

Reply to
hayes

Be extremely careful of this. The website is not associated with Honeywell and the download may very well be a virus.

If you need access to the MyWeb Tech site you can simply log on. The user name and password are common knowledge and have been posted in this newsgroup in the past.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

slick

Reply to
hayes

And every time by you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

snipped-for-privacy@c18g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

Just watch what you're doing with this jerk.

He's advertising his website here which he isn't supposed to be doing in the first place and second he's implying that it has something to do with Honeywell and it doesn't. You've got to download some kind of file in order to gain access to the site.

I'd be pretty careful with someone who's trying to impersonate a large corp. or misdirect you.

The guys is obviously trying some kind of scam.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.