FBII EZ-Mate question

been trying to get EZ-Mate 9.94 to work on several old machines here in our shop.. Two desk tops running Win 3.1 and ME, two lap tops running 98se and ME..

The 98se laptop will connect and U/D load with no problems using a Hayes

1200 modem.. 1st problem [The other three will not handshake, even though their setup using the selection from the software] 2nd problem [none of the machines will U/D load using a Hayes Opima 2400 96 fax modem] (even though it is in the EZ-Mate modem setup selection)

Back in the day, we used to use these all the time with no major problems.. But for some reason, We can't understand, only the 98se laptop we've been using since the dawn of creation still works..

We guess it has something to do with the string setup but so far we've been unable to find a cure..

Any suggestion or assistance would be appreciated..

BTW yes we do use Compass now-a-days.. ;-)

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel
Loading thread data ...

Dump ME and Win 3.1... If you need the bits for 98SE or XP let me know.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Dump ME and Win 3.1... If you need the bits for 98SE or XP let me know.

Thanks G. I didn't know the EZ-Mate would work on XP.. That info would be appreciated.. We've also got three of the Ademco modems used with Compass.. Is there a way to adjust the string to have them work with the old EZ-Mate ?

Thanks again G.

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

It should just work, if not you'll need to enable "compatibility mode" by right clicking the executable and selecting a pre-NT based O/S.

Yes, in the modem settings there is an "advanced" section where you can enter the proper init strings.

Reply to
G. Morgan

The Hayes 2400 will not do the handshake like the 1200 will

I haven't used EZ-Mate for years since they moved it to Compass, why bother?

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks for the info.. that might explain some of the results we've been getting..

Believe it or not we still have a couple of active panels Compass (newest version) doesn't have a template for 2S, 2P.. and with a shop full of ole 80's cooters, we like to keep the old stuff working as long as possible.. ;-)

we even have a couple of old ademco 1002, 1004, 1025, 342R and (2) 4080 gold face panels still working.. When you work in HillBilly central you see a lot of old stuff out there..

A personal request though, if any one does have the AT string to setup the Compass modem to the FBII format I'd appreciate a copy..

Tks..

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

I have an old ADT version of Compass that came with those FBI panels, I exported those panels into standard versions of Compass 1.5 although I'm not sure it works on 2.0, I'll have to try that

Reply to
mleuck

I forgot, the First Alert patch also loads all of the FBI panels including the

2S and 2P.
Reply to
mleuck

exported those panels into standard versions of Compass 1.5 although I'm not sure it works on 2.0, I'll have to try that

Update: Tried importing some .wdl files from Compass 1.5 into 2 and it didn't work, Compass didn't recognize them

Reply to
mleuck

work, Compass didn't recognize them

So give him the init string.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I did find a CIA manual on a doc.google search and it did have int strings for 4 different including FBII for use with the CIA modem.. ( E0 X0 V1 S1=1 S8=3 S9=1 S10=255 S11=70 S12=10 G ) &F is reset.. However when we tried the strings nothing worked..

By mixing and matching different commands in the string we were able to get the CIA to dial and talk to a panel (both 2T and 31) But the hand shake is still not right.. the EZ-Mate will not transfer data..

( the lead off must be VEQ or the CIA will not dial without errors during setup.. ) ( S7=110 must be used and set at 110 or higher or the CIA will hangup before a panel can answer.. )( if its still on default 14 rings)

I appreciate all the reply's. I guess we'll just have to play with the string settings till we get lucky..

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

a-is-dead.net... mleuck Wrote: >Update: Tried importing some .wdl files fro= m Compass 1.5 into 2 and it >didn't work, Compass didn't recognize them >So= give him the init string. I did find a CIA manual on a doc.google search a= nd it did have int strings for 4 different including FBII for use with the = CIA modem.. ( E0 X0 V1 S1=3D1 S8=3D3 S9=3D1 S10=3D255 S11=3D70 S12=3D10 G )= &F is reset.. However when we tried the strings nothing worked.. By mixing= and matching different commands in the string we were able to get the CIA = to dial and talk to a panel (both 2T and 31) But the hand shake is still no= t right.. the EZ-Mate will not transfer data.. ( the lead off must be VEQ o= r the CIA will not dial without errors during setup.. ) ( S7=3D110 must be = used and set at 110 or higher or the CIA will hangup before a panel can ans= wer.. )( if its still on default 14 rings) I appreciate all the reply's. I = guess we'll just have to play with the string settings till we get lucky.. = RTS

I'm not positive but I think at one point someone posted a bunch of int set= tings for modems here. Have you done a search in ASA? I know it'll take you= awhile to search every reference. ASA's been around for about for a lot of= years,....... but keep it in mind as a last resort.

Reply to
Jim

work, Compass didn't recognize them

I could care less about init strings, I use Hayes 1200 for FBI and 2400 Optima for everything else and it works fine

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.