fbi xl-4500

The can't still be making this panel, can they?

A Dr. friend of mine was just charged 500 bucks for a small office install...when I looked at it it was a beat up old can with an FBI XL-4500 board in it. Sloppy job too. I bid on the job but didn't get it..and now he wishes his boss had gone with my proposal.

Anyway...anyone know when this panel was discontinued (I think it is anyway)??

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I would say that has been discontinued since the early 90's

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> The can't still be making this panel, can they?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Atleast. I started contracting in 1993 and switched to FBI from DSC in

1994. My first small panels were FBI XL-2s.

The precursur to the XL-2 was the XL-4600.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Only about 10 years or so ago

Reply to
Mark Leuck

looks like he got what he paid for.

Reply to
newb

They discontinued the 4500 in late 80's when FBII was bought by the then Ademco and changed panel numbers to XL 1,2 3 etc.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

thats what I thought...want to make sure before I said anything to him. what a bunch of rip off artists...selling a long ago discontinued panel in an old ratty box to someone as new.

| > A Dr. friend of mine was just charged 500 bucks for a small office | > install...when I looked at it it was a beat up old can with an FBI XL-4500 | > board in it. Sloppy job too. I bid on the job but didn't get it..and now | he | > wishes his boss had gone with my proposal. | >

| > Anyway...anyone know when this panel was discontinued (I think it is | > anyway)?? | | Only about 10 years or so ago | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If a "Doctor" was that cheap and showed such poor judgement I would not think I'd want to have him for a "Doctor" let alone a customer.

Reply to
Just Looking

If you were in a state that had CP-01 laws you could at least turn them in.

Reply to
Just Looking

Heh, just about every doctor I'ver ever met was a cheapskate when it came to security. js

Reply to
Buggs

They do...but I hate CP-01 anyway.

| >

| > | > A Dr. friend of mine was just charged 500 bucks for a small office | > | > install...when I looked at it it was a beat up old can with an FBI | > XL-4500 | > | > board in it. Sloppy job too. I bid on the job but didn't get it..and | now | > | he | > | > wishes his boss had gone with my proposal. | > | >

| > | > Anyway...anyone know when this panel was discontinued (I think it is | > | > anyway)?? | > | | > | Only about 10 years or so ago | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Welp...he is cheap that's for sure...I won't tellya from where he hails 'cause that would should like profiling or something. But he is a decent guy and give me tons of leads so I take care of him...he woulda gone with me if it was totally his decision.

| > A Dr. friend of mine was just charged 500 bucks for a small office | > install...when I looked at it it was a beat up old can with an FBI XL-4500 | > board in it. Sloppy job too. I bid on the job but didn't get it..and now | he | > wishes his boss had gone with my proposal. | >

| > Anyway...anyone know when this panel was discontinued (I think it is | > anyway)?? | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Perhaps I missed something. In the original post we learned that some alarm dealer ripped this doctor off, installing an ancient (and certainly used) panel instead of putting in a new system.

Now it's the doctor's fault? It sounds to me as though he overpaid the crooked alarm company by about $500. He ought to take them to small claims court as well as file a complaint with the state licensing authority.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

who said it was the doctor's fault....his senior partner in the mini-venture decided to go with the shlocky company...my guy the doc had no choice. I may end up with the remodel though!

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not you. Stevens and one of the others.

At least he'll finally get a decent system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.