Fast short beeps every 4 hours

My system has been giving fast short beeps here and there for a while. It says BAT on the display. Starting yesterday, it has consistently done it every 4 hours on the dot.

The wireless sensors have had the batteries replaced and no zone is listed on the display (Ademco, not sure of exact model). I think it is the battery backup. That was replaced maybe a year ago, but I think must be bad again.

I ordered a new battery UT-1240 12V) online as I don't know if I can get one locally. My question is is there anyway to stop this from driving me crazy every 4 hours?

Reply to
Michael Cortese
Loading thread data ...

Code then 1 or code then Off

Reply to
mleuck

If it's really bugging you, there's usually a Batteries Plus around. Their prices are way higher than any online store but you get immediate relief.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For a year anyway... Most of the local battery places seem to have a problem with quality on their alarm size gel cells. I try to stock just enough batteries so I turn over my entire stock about once every 1-2 months.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I realize that.....but I have to get up in the middle of the night to do that. I thought maybe there was a way to shut off the bat low alarm or something permanently...

Reply to
Michael Cortese

no, other than powering the system down. to prevent this you should replace the battery every 3 years.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You could go so far as to completely power down the system if it's driving you crazier. Unplug transformer and disconnect the backup battery. If its monitored put the system on test before you do anything.

Reply to
Effenpig1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.