Fake cameras?

Do you guys use fake cameras around your homes? Does it really work to scare off thieves? Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

Hello.

Do you guys use fake cameras, signs, noises, lights, etc. around your homes? Do they really work to scare off thieves?

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant

Snipped useless ascii "art." Your welcome in advance.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

My welcome what? :P

Reply to
Ant

It depends on where you are located and what types of property crimes are going on in your area.

In some lower crime areas, just sticking a few burglar alarm stickers around a house will send burglars to other homes without those stickers.

But in some nasty very high crime drug addict areas, you would be best to install physical security such as bars on windows/doors and have a real security system and real cameras.

You are best to consult your local police department and ask what is recommended. Also look at what your neighbors have, then have more security than they do.

Reply to
Bill

I don't use them nor do I recommend them because of the liability.

If cameras are present, it indicates some level of security to whomever is in the area.

If I provide "dummy" cameras and some event occurs and a victim of a crime could use real cameras to prove their case..... or someone is falsely accused of something and they're not real cameras ........... my client and possibly me can be liable.

I never give my signs or decals out unless there's an alarm system installed. I do sell them however. They cost about $2000.00 each.

Reply to
Jim

Funny, I was once asked for one or two of my signs and how much. I told the guy that the cost would $1750.00 for the signs and I would throw the system in for free. Never heard from him again. Hmmmmmmm??

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I don't see those around here like in the cities.

According to CrimeReports, CrimeMappings, words of mouth, and alarm signs, there are a lot of reported crimes. :(

Reply to
Ant

It depends if the thieves are the type to be easily frightened in the first place. Maybe the thief is taking some sort of anti-anxiety medications? I don't use fake cameras, but I suspect a fake camera would just give the thief a fake thrill. Eventually the thief would have to come back to steal more and by that time with actual working equipment installed hopefully, the thief would then finally get the get the real thing.

Hello.

Do you guys use fake cameras, signs, noises, lights, etc. around your homes? Do they really work to scare off thieves?

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.