EZ-Mate

Yep..RAM I (still have original 5 1/4 floopies) running on a 286 with DOS

6.0 ...barely hanging on to life by a micron.

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

You're right it was just RAM.

| > Jim Rojas | >

| >

| >

| >>

| >> | >

| >> | >

| >> | | >> | | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I can if I can find a 5 1/4 drive to copy it from! The 286 it's running on...oh shit wait...it's dos I should/may be able to copy it.

I also have the software for the 2112 series, that was also DOS cant remember the name of it though..it wasn't called RAM it was a number like

5486 or something.

I still have the original box and books, I'll check this weekend to see if I had made a regular floppy backup of it.

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hmm. Leuck and Jiminex say not word one about all this *illegal* file copying. Yesterday they couldn't spell disingenuous and now they is one. :^)

Note to Crash: Personally, I couldn't care if you make 1400 copies and I also don't care if Jim Rojas sells 500,000 copyright protected files without permission of their owners. You're doing a service which helps people who need access to the software and the manuals. I do the same thing as Jim Rojas, but on a smaller scale. I don't sell or give away pirate software, but I seriously doubt the owners give a rat's olson what you do with copies of their DOS apps.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

All I've ever seen is RAM II, III and IV, only reason I use II is for

4112/6112's and a few 7112b's. If it weren't for those I'd ditch it
Reply to
Mark Leuck

This is antique software we're talking about here...over 15 years obsolete - an will only run on an antique machine. It's not quite the same as distributing current software.

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-866-1100 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I just want a copy to archive it. Even Bosch doesn't even have copies of some of the old stuff. I can't tell you how many times a manufacturer contact me for an copy of their old software...

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I just found RAM II as well, but that's on 5 1/4 too. I have to see if I have a machine with a 5 1/4 on it somewhere.

| >

| > | Bass Home Electronics | > | 941-866-1100 | > | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | > | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 | > |

formatting link
| > | =============================>

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What panels can Ram do that Ram II or IV can't? Sometimes you gotta just let that stuff go... :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No, it's the same. The point is that what you do with it really doesn't matter because the copyright owners don't care. The same applies to Jim Rojas' marvelous website. The owners of the copyrighted material which he sells don't care (at least most of them don't make any effort to stop him) so it doesn't matter what he does. I happen to agree with what you and he are doing.

Idiots like Leuck and Jiminex complain about my posts but not because they care at all about copyrights. They also don't care about universal passwords that literally millions of people know. It's just a lame excuse to start more fighting in the newsgroup. Jiminex does it because he lives to hate. He's a sick jerk who is so fixated on his hatred that he can't function without venting rage on a daily basis. Leuck enjoys stirring up strife not because he hates. That would require that he actually cared about anything at all. He doesn't. He just enjoys watching other morons like Jiminex and Sabodish jump off the deep end. It's his substitute for having a life.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I couldn't care less what you want to do with it. Knock yourself out, Jim. I think your website is one of the best resources in the industry. The point is that the reaon Leck and Jiminex don't attack you is becausae they don't give a rat's olson about copyright.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Roland Moore

Nice spelling, someone's having a bad day I see

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yah you need the dongle or the old (expensive) modem card.

| >> Jim Rojas | >

| > What panels can Ram do that Ram II or IV can't? Sometimes you gotta just | > let | > that stuff go... :) | >

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >> >

| >> > | Bass Home Electronics | >> > | 941-866-1100 | >> > | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | >> > | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 | >> > |

formatting link
| >> > | =============================>

| >> > | | >> > | | >> >

| >> >

| >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Technically it's the same, but you'd really have a tough time bringing a copyright infringement suit given:

The software was designed to talk to specific alarm panels that are long discontinued and not manufactured or supported by Radionics. RAM can only run on DOS with a dongle or very expensive Radionics/Tecmar modem both of which could only be purchased through Radionics by authorized dealers. I bet Radionics doesn't even have the old RAM software anylonger.

They'd never be able to prove actual damages so a suit would never happen. In this respect it is different. Radionics is not being damaged by techs trying to support their old equipment and keeping Radionics equipment alive and working properly.

Just a thought.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He just wants to whine

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I asked Bosch already and you're right, they say they don't have it.

Reply to
Roland Moore

First of all, *I* wouldn't sue you. I don't care if you make 10,000 copies. It's not my software.

The purpose or usefulness of the software isn't an issue. If they wanted to make enough of a fuss they could have Jim's website shut down without ever needing to go to court. I'd be very sad if that were to happen since I think his site is a good thing. Besides, he needs the income from the site to cover the ongoing cost of expanding that garage. :^)

I seriously doubt they give a jiminex what he does but if they did they could certainly sue. It would be far easier though to simply go to his upstream provider, threaten suit and his website would be out of business. There are law firms that specialize in doing just that.

to support their old equipment and

Whether they are being damaged is a matter for the finder of fact. Remember the old lady and the cup of coffee from McDonalds? Would any sane person believe that she suffered $250,000 worth of pain whan

*she* spilled the coffee on herself?

Though is good. It would be nice if a few others here used it from time to time. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm sure they have it just can/won't give it out, what has always suprised me is many manufacturers don't have old documentation saved somewhere

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.