Explosion Proof Detection

Ok... what is there that meets a weatherproof and explosion proof criteria, and has any chance of detecting in intruders in a fenced yard.

Yes I said explosion proof.

I was thinking stacked photo beams for coverage, but I can not find any that meet the explosion proof rating. Suggestions? Ideas? Just walk away.... I actually quoted them a video system and found explosion proof rated cameras for a reasonable price, but they were not willing to pay what it costs.

Now they want me to quote them some kind of detection system. Their fence is way to loose and out of tune to even consider a microphone cable on the fence. Its in town with walking traffic on two sides anyway.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a wild goose chase into a dead end.

Reply to
alarman

Yep. Still figured I would give it a shot. If they had not turned down the cost on the video system I would be a little more gungho on the detection stuff. I can't see how detection would be cheaper... and work.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe wrote: > Yep. Still figured I would give it a shot. If they had not turned

Why explosion proof, isn't it outside?

Reply to
alarman

Because its an environment with flash potential. Yes its outside.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Well, no shit.

Reply to
alarman

Instead of "explosion proof", search for Class div 1. Like...

Class div 1 motion detector

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

SDI-77XL2-EX-OUT - MSRP: $3,270.00 Outdoor Explosion-Proof Stereo Doppler Microwave Intruder Detector

The SDI-77XL2-EX Model of Stereo Doppler was developed to protect Hazardous Locations due to the presence of flammable gasses or vapors, combustable dusts or easily ignitable fibers or flyings. The SDI-77XL2-EX electronic assembly is configured to be easily inserted into a special explosion-proof enclosure. The unit is suitable for applications in Hazardous Locations under the following classifications: Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C,D, Class II, Div. 1 & 2, Groups E,F,G, Class III, NEMA 7CD, 9EFG. The unit is suitable for installations at petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, storage areas and other processing facilities where hazardous substances are handled or stored.

formatting link

More...

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Atleast one of my competitors reads this group. I do not like to be too specific about clients.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

WOW ..... that's some price tag!

If the guy was sqawking at a video system price, a couple of these ought to give him cardiac arrest!

Reply to
Jim

I agree. All in one cameras listed as explosion proof are not much more than regular all in one weatherproof cameras of similar video specs.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I know when I do regular electrical work and its explosive proof in nature it runs 4 to 6 times the cost of normal work. plus you have all the special seals and elbows and fittings which run hundreds of dollars. I did a job where we installed a Mineral Spirits distillation unit and we where able to keep main controller on a wall of the next room so it was out of the explosive zone but all pipes in and out had to be sealed etc. to prevent vapors from migrating from one room to the next. Those seals must also be used even with low voltage runs if there is a chance of a spark .

Reply to
nick markowitz

they want "Explosion Proof" and their inside a town with "walking traffic on two sides" ?!! how in the hell did they get a permit to do that?

I've done the explosion proof stuff for a defense contractor and their first thing was to be wayyyyyy far away from people.. See which codes their using to base their call for that type of devices.. They maybe looking at the wrong specs...

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

@newsfe22.iad...

Every gas station has explosion proof fitting and such, and there are plenty of them inside a town with "walking traffic on two sides"

Reply to
Effenpig1

snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad...

and we have ass hole gas station owners around here who let fireworks be sold in there lots and fire inspection does nothing to boot.

Reply to
nick markowitz

those electrical fitting you reference are seal-tite, for hard wall pipe (ment to keep vapors out of the electrical box) a fiberglass or plastic tank is not classified as explosion-proof, neither is the vent cap to the same tank..

messagenews:aJU1n.29572$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad...

Every gas station has explosion proof fitting and such, and there are plenty of them inside a town with "walking traffic on two sides"

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

ant "Explosion Proof" and their inside a town with "walking traffic

I wasn't referring to "sealtight" !! . I was referring to EYS and other such explosion proof fittings required on conduit where explosive vapors may be present. Believe me, I've installed more than enough to know what they are. Separating all the individual conductors with packing, mixing up a little "chico". Kind of miss it sometimes

Reply to
Effenpig1

Shhhh...

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeppers. I looked into that stuff when I did the quote for the video system.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.