Ethernet/Wireless Camera?

I need a camera that's outdoor-mountable and wireless ethernet capable... I need to easily mount something behind my home to watch some activity that appears to be going on.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf
Loading thread data ...

I don't use wireless cameras .... hardwire only for reliability ..... however upon reading your post I Googled wireless network cameras and it looks like they range from about $89.00 on up. Depends upon how much detail and field of view you want and if you need IR for night vision. There are forums that discuss the details of CCTV but I don't use them either. Someone else here may have the website.

Reply to
Jim

Thanks Jim.. I had found a few things on Google.. but I usually defer here to get advice from the 'local' experts.

I appreciate the input, regardless.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

If your are so inclined.

formatting link

Reply to
ABLE1

Thank you.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Sercomm OC810 should work

Reply to
mleuck

formatting link
You might be interested in what these guys offer.

Reply to
Just Looking

e: > I need a camera that's outdoor-mountable and wireless ethernet > capab= le... I need to easily mount something behind my home to watch > some activ= ity that appears to be going on. > > Suggestions? > > -- Sercomm OC810 shou= ld work

Do you have any experience with the Sercomm OC810? I've been trying to use = the Schlage rebranded version and can't change anything unless I register i= t with Schlage. I'm hoping to get direct access to the camera. Any ideas wh= ere I can get a more open firmware?

Reply to
tjf86d

ote: > I need a camera that's outdoor-mountable and wireless ethernet > cap able... I need to easily mount something behind my home to watch > some act ivity that appears to be going on. > > Suggestions? > > -- Sercomm OC810 sh ould work

e the Schlage rebranded version and can't change anything unless I register it with Schlage. I'm hoping to get direct access to the camera. Any ideas where I can get a more open firmware?

I have the Verizon version of the OC810. If you've found a way to get admin access I'd love to know. Drives me crazy that I paid for this camera and c annot get admin access. I've managed to reflash the 8021 camera but can't f ind any other firmware for the OC810.

Reply to
ccucinelli

wrote: > I need a camera that's outdoor-mountable and wireless ethernet > c apable... I need to easily mount something behind my home to watch > some a ctivity that appears to be going on. > > Suggestions? > > -- Sercomm OC810 should work

use the Schlage rebranded version and can't change anything unless I regist er it with Schlage. I'm hoping to get direct access to the camera. Any idea s where I can get a more open firmware?

in access I'd love to know. Drives me crazy that I paid for this camera and cannot get admin access. I've managed to reflash the 8021 camera but can't find any other firmware for the OC810.

The firmware in those cameras is designed for ease of installation for the service they are assigned for, If you wanted a camera for your own purpose you should have bought a stock Sercomm camera instead of what you have.

Reply to
mleuck

capable... I need to easily mount something behind my home to watch > some activity that appears to be going on. > > Suggestions? > > -- Sercomm OC81

0 should work

o use the Schlage rebranded version and can't change anything unless I regi ster it with Schlage. I'm hoping to get direct access to the camera. Any id eas where I can get a more open firmware?

dmin access I'd love to know. Drives me crazy that I paid for this camera a nd cannot get admin access. I've managed to reflash the 8021 camera but can 't find any other firmware for the OC810.

e service they are assigned for, If you wanted a camera for your own purpos e you should have bought a stock Sercomm camera instead of what you have.

Thanks for making me feel like a jerk. I'm kinda new to this. If I would ha ve known that I wouldn't have full access I would have purchased a differen t camera/service.

Reply to
ccucinelli

I agree with this one. I seen that Verizon offered the OC810 and went to t he Sercomm website and seen that it had two way audio. Boom I was sold and got the package only to later find out the Verizon does not support those features. How freaking stupid is that. Then I also find out that I have n o access to the OC810 web admin page. That just tops it for me. I have an email to Sercomm sales support about this issue so we will see what comes of it.

Reply to
dailywalk365

the Sercomm website and seen that it had two way audio. Boom I was sold a nd got the package only to later find out the Verizon does not support thos e features. How freaking stupid is that. Then I also find out that I have no access to the OC810 web admin page. That just tops it for me. I have an email to Sercomm sales support about this issue so we will see what come s of it.

Nothing will come of it, Sercomm is just the OEM, because it's technically a Verizon product they won't help you at all. And they shouldn't if it coul d possibly compromise the intended use by Verizon.

Lots of manufacturers do it, Vivotek, Axis etc. If you want access to the a dmin side you have to buy it as a Sercomm product

Reply to
mleuck

to the Sercomm website and seen that it had two way audio. Boom I was sold and got the package only to later find out the Verizon does not support th ose features. How freaking stupid is that. Then I also find out that I ha ve no access to the OC810 web admin page. That just tops it for me. I hav e an email to Sercomm sales support about this issue so we will see what co mes of it.

y a Verizon product they won't help you at all. And they shouldn't if it co uld possibly compromise the intended use by Verizon.

admin side you have to buy it as a Sercomm product

Thanks mleuck, I knew that was the case, but sometimes cracks appear and w e find a way to use it to our advantage. I was just hoping there was a cra ck that I could slip through is all. I have a feeling I won't be renewing my contract with Verizon home monitoring next year. I'm tired of it all. Now looking for new camera that are actually usable.

Thanks again. (and I'm still looking for the cracks)

Reply to
alexlion101

Sorry, posted under my sons Google ID. That kids going to drive me to drin king someday.

+++++++++++++++++ Thanks mleuck, I knew that was the case, but sometimes cracks appear and w e find a way to use it to our advantage. I was just hoping there was a cra ck that I could slip through is all. I have a feeling I won't be renewing my contract with Verizon home monitoring next year. I'm tired of it all. Now looking for new camera that are actually usable.

Thanks again. (and I'm still looking for the cracks)

+++++++++++++++++
Reply to
dailywalk365

the Sercomm website and seen that it had two way audio. Boom I was sold a nd got the package only to later find out the Verizon does not support thos e features. How freaking stupid is that. Then I also find out that I have no access to the OC810 web admin page. That just tops it for me. I have an email to Sercomm sales support about this issue so we will see what come s of it.

I know it's a late reply, but we are a security dealer and have the same ca meras branded as Honeywell Total Connect IPCAM-WO. I found a couple URLs us ing Wireshark after enrolling the camera with Alarmnet Direct and a couple more from

formatting link

From Wireshark with a couple GET substitution tests; works in QuickTime and VLC: rtsp://ipaddress/img/video.sav?resolution=3&quality_type=1&quality=3& framerate=15

- resolution: 1-3 verified, 1=160x120, 2=320x240, 3=640x480

- quality...: 1-3 verified, greater = higher quality

- framerate.: 2-15 verified, fps

From ispy site; works in FireFox: http://ipaddress/img/snapshot.cgi?size=3 http://ipaddress/img/video.mjpeg http://ipaddress/img/mjpeg.cgi

Another query from Wireshark: http://ipaddress/util/query.cgi

Reply to
test.statcomm

Not sure about admin access but the camera can still be used as an ip camer a wired or wireless...if you go the wireless route you going to have to ena ble WPS on your router then use the connection method by push button pairin g....works great!!...wps button for oc810 is a tiny hole on the back next t o the power port...push wps button on router(after you enable wps through y our routers console) then when its ready within about a minute use a paper clip to push the wps button on the back of the cam...status light on cam wi ll indicate connection/pairing...then if its within your own network you wi sh to view the cam...download fing...scan your network... find ip address f or sercomm...go to browser and type in its ip... Presto!!!!.....however you will need an app like Quicktime for example to v iew your stream...and you can also download your favorite ip cam apps on an droid too...also if you want to access it remotely from any browser you wil l need to set up port forwarding ...heres a link for doing it for your cam

formatting link

Reply to
ray5058

Oc810 admin pass

User Verizon

pass noaccess4you (or similar may be for not 4)

Reply to
cbreads

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.