Esprit 728 keypads

Dear folks,

i'd like to connect 2 646 keypads on a paradox esprit 728 but it works only one of them. Am i missing something?... any help?

thenks in advance,

spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

RHC: No, you can connect up to five keypads with no other programming required. Sounds like you have a bad keypad or yellow and green connected wrong

Reply to
tourman

It works only one of them. The second one, only lights up and while i am pressing keys on the first that working, the second only some of the leds blinking...

Reply to
proguard

How many keypads do you have and have you checked total current draw on the equipment?

Reply to
mleuck

e:

=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF= =81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE= =B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

I've got 2 keypads only but i didn't check the current. I'll take a look and i'll let you know.

Reply to
proguard

ote:

:

=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF= =81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8= =CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80= =CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE= =B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

Finally it was manufacture problem. The green and yellow wires are opposite!!!

Reply to
proguard

That happens all the time in the movies. Never, NEVER! cut the green wire first... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

:-)) Like a movie! Yap! :-D

Reply to
proguard

proguard wrote in news:44059f66-c41e-4e8c- snipped-for-privacy@19g2000yql.googlegroups.com:

Dead keypad. return it for replacement. I went through something similar recently.

Reply to
motley me

motley me wrote in news:Xns9D1E5691C8A6Dtommynospamcom@85.214.113.135:

Dis-reguard. I failed to read the thread all the way down.

By the way, how was it a manufacture problem?

Dis they have the silkscreen on the board wrong?

Reply to
motley me

mynospamcom@85.214.113.135:

The yellow wire was in the place of green :-) it was an old keypad with wires.

Reply to
proguard

proguard wrote in news:f2c0b47d-b7e0-451d- snipped-for-privacy@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

I see

Reply to
motley me

RHC: The Paradox Esprit line of panels has proven (to me) to be one of the sturdiest, most trouble free line of panels I have in service. In

10 years of service, with over 650 of the panels in service, my records show the only equipment related service problems to be failure of the AC rectifiers on the higher end 748/748ES boards. The smaller and more common 728/738 boards have had no design related failures within my base of customer panels. I have many of the older ones (version 2.2 and newer) that have been running for close to 15 years with nothing but low battery troubles. Earlier version panels were junk however, which gave them an unjustified black eye in the view of many installers.

I've never had a keypad failure ever......

Reply to
tourman

Its a tough panel. At esprit series how can i arm the panel in instant stay mode? No entry delay in stay?

Reply to
proguard

d-

RHC: Use the "stay" arm button twice during the exit delay. Push and hold the "stay" button for three seconds to put the panel into count down for stay arming. During that exit delay period, push and hold down the "stay" button a second time for three seconds. This will instant arm the panel once the delay period has finished (delay doors become instant doors during this armed cycle.

This is clearly spelled out in the user manual. If you are an end user and need a copy of the manual, send me an email address and I will send you a PDF.attachment.

If you are a dealer, no offence, but you gotta get with it.......

Reply to
tourman

Hey relax Robert, he's not from ADT :)

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Hey, in spite of what you obviously think Mark, I don't have a "thing" about ADT - just shoddy companies big and small. It just so happens in our area, this fits ADT.to a "T" (as well as a lot of smaller companies as well I should add). The difference is the smaller companies are not market leaders and don't have much influence in the market. ADT does, and should be setting the standards we can all work towards. Instead, any other reputable company of any size makes them look bad just by going about their business in a normal manner.....

Reply to
tourman

I'll remember the next time you complain about ADT that it really isn't a complaint about ADT even though you'll only mention ADT

Understood

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.