Electric door bump thingie

Also pages 3524 to 3530

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

Here is an idea. You have a magnetized plate on the magpull. Use DC and the magpull and the plate will act like to magnets. When energized they will attract. Reverse DC and the field and they will not only open but repel the door just enough to grab the door.

BobbyD

Crash Gord>Working on a custom maglock project. I need something like a 12v solenoid to

Reply to
bdolph

Wow what a great resource...better than Grainger's even. Thanks!

| > So far it's; | > springloaded plunger | > solenoid actuated pusher dealybob. | >

| > I'd even though of dumping the maglock idea and going with a handicapped | > door actuator...anyone know anything about these? | >

| > btw...this system will fail-secure | >

| >

| > | > Or..any other ideas? | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

How is that practical? You want me to start winding wire on the armature plate? :-)

| >Or..any other ideas? | >

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't think a magnetic lock works that way when you reverse the current. I've never tried it though, so I can't be sure.

Reply to
Frank Olson

When you order be sure to request a catalog. It is 30% bigger than Grainger. However watch the pricing. They do seem to be a bit high but they have the stuff you need. The other great thing is they do not................................. (your find out if you order, don't want to put all info on a public forum).

And the search on the website is excellent.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Do a search for electric piston.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

He's talking about the plate being magnetized... which they normally are not. You'd have to modify it accordingly - maybe drill a few holes and embed some small fixed magnets.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.